By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why is there soo much negativity in any 360 related thread?

patapon said:
psrock said:

I am sorry

That'll do pig, that'll do

no wonder patapon sucks.

Damn, I  did it again!

I need help.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
heruamon said:
At the end of the day, people can be as negative asthey want to be, but HE WHO MAKES THE MOST MONEY WINS...and that is going to be the true judge of things to come....best of luck to all...lol!

Yeah for them. But HE WHO MAKES THE BEST GAMES WINS...for gamers.

psrock said:
patapon said:
psrock said:

I am sorry

That'll do pig, that'll do

no wonder patapon sucks.

Damn, I  did it again!

I need help.

You're now dead to me

joeorc said:

Ms had 3rd party support last generation,

3rd party does not determine the success of a console:

one only has to look at the nintendo Wii!

the game's do that is what matter's where those game's come from does not matter as long as the system get's them,system.only. because if you can get the game on multiple system's that is far less of determining factor as is if what make's the system unique.

is it's 1st and 2nd party game's

example why did you buy your xbox360

was if mainly for

crackdown, forza, what exactly brought you to buy the xbox360 ?

your point out this:

MS simply doesn't have that many 1st party studios or resources to build custom engines for the console, and they somehow let 2nd parties be bought by EA or other large companies. Why? Beats me.. Letting a developer like Bioware get to EA made me really go WTF. But it might be better than letting Bioware turn out like Rare... Games like Fable don't really stand out graphically, and Halo is more about scale than graphics. It's all about the priorities, and MS simply does not have graphics as a high priority, while Sony does.

Unless your saying that Microsoft does not care to push their system,?

so what your saying is Sony has better graphic's because it's a Priority vs' better game play?

than if Microsoft does not have graphic's as a high priority,

Yeah, they did, but less compared to this gen, and that support didn't really help them. Why? Because they were too late. People who already had PS2 had no reason to go for the Xbox for the 3rd parties. This gen MS decided to go first (RROD was a real bugger though), and they got a better 3rd party support, allowing for some exclusives to come to the platform, plus lots of (timed) additional exclusive content. Halo was the only thing that saved them, but despite Halo, the old Xbox could still not be called a success. Maybe that was mainly because of nVidia too though. 

But 3rd party support seriously does matter. If you don't have it, it's like giving the other console "free" exclusives plus missing out on money. Nintendo is the exception in this case, and they're a completely different market. Nintendo also has a LOT of 1st parties, and they already gain money from hardware. Software profit is not that necessary for them, for MS and Sony it is, and that's why 3rd party support is important. 3rd party games are usually cheaper than in-house games,  and if they sell well, well you do the math. Exclusives might be a reason for the console to be bought, but for making large sums of money, 3rd parties are more important since it's easier to have a lot more of 3rd party games than 1st party ones, and more games equals more money to make up for the loss of selling your hardware.

Why I bought my X360? For a reason almost no one buys an X360.. I wanted to play DOA4.. xD I was a pc gamer, but was always bugged that my favorite genre was not on that platform... Fighting games. I bought my console in 2008. Before that, I noticed VF5 on the PS3, but it didn't have online, and then it was gonna be released to the X360 as well with online.. And having DOA4 on the X360 as well, I had more fighting games to play.. Plus, I really liked the old DOA games on the old Xbox and Ninja Gaiden Black and the X360 had backwards compatibility with them.. So the choice was obvious. After that, I began to appreciate more games, like Mass Effect etc, and my fighting spirit went down and my genre kind of broadened out, and somehow, most of the PS3 games never really appealed to me. The X360 was also cheaper at the time, had the better controller (I played both consoles on kiosks before) though the D-pad sucks, which is a bummer for a fighting game lover xD. So no, the reason wasn't Halo or graphics.. Lol

To get back to the graphics thing, that's exactly what I'm saying yeah, MS is not really concerned with pushing graphics. That does not mean they don't wanna push the hardware, it just means the developers are pursued to give other things priorities than graphics, and the graphical gains are a 2nd priority, unless fans really rage about it, like with Halo 3. We can see that Reach is tackling the issue of jaggies, which was the main thing people complained about. But MS knows that Live is a strong component for them and they try to implement as much as possible in it. I mean, they could've used the time and resources they used to create the whole customization thing in Forza 3 to optimize the graphics engine further instead, but they didn't. Same could be said about a lot of other of their games. Gears 2 was a graphical improvement over Gears 1, but look at what happened with the online component. PGR4 had great graphics, much better than PGR3, but the online component was pretty basic compared to something like Forza 3. You simply can't do it all. Maybe a game like GT5 will since it has been in development like forever, but with limited time, there are priorities, and each has his own method...

Truth does not fear investigation

haha..... Forza 3 threads hijacked every single time...

Around the Network
luvtospooge said:
jesus kung fu magic said:
CGI-Quality said:
@ selnor

Also, check out the GOWIII review thread to see what reviewer(s) MANY of them, think about it's visuals.

I wouldn't debate it without anything solid.

Apparently reviewers think that it is inconsistant.....with some scenes and characters being some of the best in gaming and others being only passable as "good".

Here is something from IGN:

"However, the graphical fidelity is not entirely consistent. There are a couple areas of the game that just don't match up to the most impressive stuff, creating an uneven feeling in the visual presentation. Granted, even at its worst God of War III still looks really good, but some spots just don't feature the same level of lighting quality or perhaps texture work as others. The biggest culprits in this issue, however, are some of the characters. There are a few that look fantastic, but many are clearly not on the same level as Kratos, and some are even only passable as "good"."

Yeah well IGN gave modern warfare 2 a 10 in the graphics section..

Yea thats messed up but that still doesnt take away anything that I posted , unless you want to push the point that "OMG IGN are teh bias!!!!"

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

NightAntilli said:
joeorc said:

Ms had 3rd party support last generation,

3rd party does not determine the success of a console:

one only has to look at the nintendo Wii!

the game's do that is what matter's where those game's come from does not matter as long as the system get's them,system.only. because if you can get the game on multiple system's that is far less of determining factor as is if what make's the system unique.

is it's 1st and 2nd party game's

example why did you buy your xbox360

was if mainly for

crackdown, forza, what exactly brought you to buy the xbox360 ?

your point out this:

MS simply doesn't have that many 1st party studios or resources to build custom engines for the console, and they somehow let 2nd parties be bought by EA or other large companies. Why? Beats me.. Letting a developer like Bioware get to EA made me really go WTF. But it might be better than letting Bioware turn out like Rare... Games like Fable don't really stand out graphically, and Halo is more about scale than graphics. It's all about the priorities, and MS simply does not have graphics as a high priority, while Sony does.

Unless your saying that Microsoft does not care to push their system,?

so what your saying is Sony has better graphic's because it's a Priority vs' better game play?

than if Microsoft does not have graphic's as a high priority,

Yeah, they did, but less compared to this gen, and that support didn't really help them. Why? Because they were too late. People who already had PS2 had no reason to go for the Xbox for the 3rd parties. This gen MS decided to go first (RROD was a real bugger though), and they got a better 3rd party support, allowing for some exclusives to come to the platform, plus lots of (timed) additional exclusive content. Halo was the only thing that saved them, but despite Halo, the old Xbox could still not be called a success. Maybe that was mainly because of nVidia too though. 

But 3rd party support seriously does matter. If you don't have it, it's like giving the other console "free" exclusives plus missing out on money. Nintendo is the exception in this case, and they're a completely different market. Nintendo also has a LOT of 1st parties, and they already gain money from hardware. Software profit is not that necessary for them, for MS and Sony it is, and that's why 3rd party support is important. 3rd party games are usually cheaper than in-house games,  and if they sell well, well you do the math. Exclusives might be a reason for the console to be bought, but for making large sums of money, 3rd parties are more important since it's easier to have a lot more of 3rd party games than 1st party ones, and more games equals more money to make up for the loss of selling your hardware.

Why I bought my X360? For a reason almost no one buys an X360.. I wanted to play DOA4.. xD I was a pc gamer, but was always bugged that my favorite genre was not on that platform... Fighting games. I bought my console in 2008. Before that, I noticed VF5 on the PS3, but it didn't have online, and then it was gonna be released to the X360 as well with online.. And having DOA4 on the X360 as well, I had more fighting games to play.. Plus, I really liked the old DOA games on the old Xbox and Ninja Gaiden Black and the X360 had backwards compatibility with them.. So the choice was obvious. After that, I began to appreciate more games, like Mass Effect etc, and my fighting spirit went down and my genre kind of broadened out, and somehow, most of the PS3 games never really appealed to me. The X360 was also cheaper at the time, had the better controller (I played both consoles on kiosks before) though the D-pad sucks, which is a bummer for a fighting game lover xD. So no, the reason wasn't Halo or graphics.. Lol

To get back to the graphics thing, that's exactly what I'm saying yeah, MS is not really concerned with pushing graphics. That does not mean they don't wanna push the hardware, it just means the developers are pursued to give other things priorities than graphics, and the graphical gains are a 2nd priority, unless fans really rage about it, like with Halo 3. We can see that Reach is tackling the issue of jaggies, which was the main thing people complained about. But MS knows that Live is a strong component for them and they try to implement as much as possible in it. I mean, they could've used the time and resources they used to create the whole customization thing in Forza 3 to optimize the graphics engine further instead, but they didn't. Same could be said about a lot of other of their games. Gears 2 was a graphical improvement over Gears 1, but look at what happened with the online component. PGR4 had great graphics, much better than PGR3, but the online component was pretty basic compared to something like Forza 3. You simply can't do it all. Maybe a game like GT5 will since it has been in development like forever, but with limited time, there are priorities, and each has his own method...

I would not bet on that!

trust me, there's way's that internal studio's can cut down on cost's that 3rd party's do not have that luxuary, well most of the 3rd party's that is unless your like EA or activision. I very much doubt that 3rd party's unless their a big publisher.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Twistedpixel said:
Garnett said:
Twistedpixel said:
Garnett said:

Sony said PS3 will be twice as powerful as Xbox 360

"According to IBM’s white pages, the cell processor being used in the ps3 is considerably less powerful than what it has been hyped up to be.
Sony officially revealed the PS3 and for the first time at E3 2005, and claimed that their Cell processor would be capable of 200 GFLOPS.

When physically tested however, only 155.5 GFLOP’s were actually achieved (see Table 4) with a total efficiency rate of 75.9%.
Because of manufacturing yield issues, the PS3 will only use 7 SPE’s with the theoretical peak for the PS3’s Cell processor being reduced to 176 GFLOP’s, each running at 25.12 GFLOP’s.

http://ps3.qj.net/Inside-the-PS3-s-O...g/49/aid/21047
According to the (unbiased) site above, the PS3 will also constantly reserve 1 SPE** for running its operating system. Now that there is actually one less SPE reserved for gaming purposes, it is definite that the ps3’s cell will only be capable of 114.4 GFLOP’s for the purpose of game processing."

The Xbox 360 has 3 general-purpose 2-threaded CPU's, which generates a proven 115.2 GFLOP’s which is dramatically easier for developers to utilize. By now it should be pathetically obvious that sony is no where near as far ahead as they try to lead you to think (keep in mind they claimed that the ps2 was more powerful than the original xbox, but were proven wrong publicly, since the xbox was indeed twice as powerful).

Remember the Xbox 360 also has part of the processor reserved for OS functions. In addition to this, its probably easier to devote one whole thread/processing element to a problem than to share execution resources and potentially conflict, in addition to this the Cell CPU probably makes better use of each execution unit due to the cache/streaming architecture. So I suspect the achieveable performance for the PS3 is about spot on whilst the Xbox 360 is a little over-exagerated there.

PS3 does 114.4 Gflops while in game.

360 does 115.2 Gflops while in game.

360 Xenos is more powerful than the Cell.

I don't see them making the same considerations for OS etc on the Xbox 360 nor any idea of how they actually tested the consoles.

They tested the "Full" power of the Cell and Xenos, they are shown above. Xenos is slightly better than the Cell.

360 OS uses less RAM and the 360 RAM can be shared so again the 360 is superior.

chocoloco said:
richardhutnik said:
chocoloco said:
Are you ready for the boring world in which everybody all agrees?
And I know my fanboyish crap came from crap talking from 360 fans mostly on other sites, but also this one. People I meet in real life still believe the PS3 is just a expensive blue ray system when it never was.

I must be filtering out the 360's partisan stuff so much, because it seemed absurd to me, that I am just not seeing it.

Are you talking abou real life or on the web or both. Because years ago every response I would get from a 360 owner when I mentioned my PS3 was it has no games and its an expensive blue ray. These claims were partially true at the time, but it sure doesn't create any love for those ignorant 360 only owners. I'm sad to say it had an effect on my opinion of my 360, even though it brings me hours of entertainment I can't experience on my PS3.

People I run into in real life don't make big deal about videogame systems.  They aren't that important.  On here, however it is mostly PS3 owners, so it seems to spin that way.  In the case of myself, I had soured experience of Sony, based upon fanboys.

luvtospooge said:
CGI-Quality said:
@ selnor

Also, check out the GOWIII review thread to see what reviewer(s) MANY of them, think about it's visuals.

I wouldn't debate it without anything solid.

Apparently reviewers think that it is inconsistant.....with some scenes and characters being some of the best in gaming and others being only passable as "good".

Here is something from IGN:

"However, the graphical fidelity is not entirely consistent. There are a couple areas of the game that just don't match up to the most impressive stuff, creating an uneven feeling in the visual presentation. Granted, even at its worst God of War III still looks really good, but some spots just don't feature the same level of lighting quality or perhaps texture work as others. The biggest culprits in this issue, however, are some of the characters. There are a few that look fantastic, but many are clearly not on the same level as Kratos, and some are even only passable as "good"."

Yeah well IGN gave modern warfare 2 a 10 in the graphics section..

Yea thats messed up but that still doesnt take away anything that I posted , unless you want to push the point that "OMG IGN are teh bias!!!!"

Not bias, but not that reliable. You should base your point off the majority. So try finding other websites supporting what IGN said.