By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Lets turn White Knight Chronicles 2 into a A class game!

Ssenkahdavic said:
I enjoyed WKC for what it was, but if I had to change somethings it would be:

1) Faster Combat. I like the Combo's and whatnot, but let my char atleast autoattack! (with faster AC gained)

2) Better AI. When I Q my person up to attack, they should attack my target, not wait till combat has already begun.

3) Make it a little easier to see harvest material. Star Ocean did a great job of just showing you where it was on the map, Id like something like this (especially since this is such a big part of the game)

4) Jump Button. This game screaaaaaaams for one.

Really good points, alot more so at the need for a jump button and Faster materials, we've cover faster combat but i forgot about all those STEEL ORES you have to collect and instead its always something to high or to low, like Blue ore/Gold ore or Copper or/Iron ore, never in between with Steel or Silver damnit.

Around the Network

WKC 2 needs this to be a stronger competitor in the JRPG genre.

+ Better character development. Throughout the first game every character seemed BLAH! There wasn't any excitement. They were all gloomy and "serious". Leonard also sucks as a main character.

+ The music was okay. A few pieces I loved, like when it's showing a montage of things from the game early on. That was great.

+ Give the CC a VOICE!!! They had people record battle "grunts" and sounds for the CC, but there wasn't any voice for that character. Give him/her a damn voice!

+ A better purpose for the Knights. Not the rinse and repeat formula that they used in the first one. I found it stupid and pointless. Once the giants became easy to beat with the standard characters, I never had a need to transform. Which sucks, because I like the Knights, but there wasn't much there to use them for.

+ Allow the player to decide when to revert back to human form. Just because the battle is over, doesn't mean I want to become human again. I take 15 to 20 steps and there's more things to fight. Not to forget this....THE AREAS ARE TOO MASSIVE. Let me decide when to revert back! Now if I run out of magic to support the Knight, then that's fine, but not because "oh there's nothing in right at this very second, REVERT".

+ If they don't allow you to be the Knight outside of battle, then they need to have faster modes of transportation for those GIGANTIC environments. I loved that they put that much effort into creating these MASSIVE places to explore. But I did not like going through them.

+ Create a Co Op story mode. One that has a seperate story to the main one, but allows you to team up with friends to journey through a side story, but don't just throw something together. Make it meaningful.

+ Keep the Georama. I vote for allowing players of the first game to carry their town over to the new game and if you do carry over the new town, you gain a Guild rank. Also your town increases by one level and allow the player to recruit 40 people, instead of the 20 from the first game.

+ The obvious stuff of new weapons, armor, acc., characters, etc.

+ MAKE THE ENDING DECENT!!! What killed the experience of the first game for me, was the fact that you fight someone that is pretty much just like everything else you've fought on your way there. The difference here being, the game ends.

Anyway, that's just some of the things I would work on, if this was my game series. I have many many more, but I feel I've already taken up to much space.

leonard does suck as a main character, i agree, but atleast hes a "guy" that alone puts him above all other female lead rpg characters, my opinion of course.

Hmm, Id also like seeing the CC have some actual PART in the story? Hell, even if during one in game cutscene one of your other characters bothered LOOKING at the CC and saying something like:

"Do you agree" and atleast having the CC nod their head.

I enjoyed the gameplay, but after the King dies and the "adventure begins" having the camera run past the CC so fast and having him/her not a part of ANYTHING killed it for me. Really seems the CC was only put in the game as an afterthought (which is probably true for the online) but some kind of interaction, SOMETHING would have been a good thing.

The Sun knight was a joke too...i beat him so quick

Around the Network

his weapon was awesome though, better then a spear or a sword and shield.

He had a double bladed saber.

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
his weapon was awesome though, better then a spear or a sword and shield.

He had a double bladed saber.

his transformation item * the mask* was awesome though and his design was slick

Xxain said:
The Sun knight was a joke too...i beat him so quick

I think it was about 3 hits for me.

Well since you supposedly get to use knights online in WKC2, what if the avatar had the last knight in the story? It does seem odd but, at the same it seems like something they could do. Even more so after all the complaints Level 5 has gotten about s/he not having a big role in the story.

want for WKC2: MOAR CITIES! BIGGER! YAY!

One thing I like that I inferred from that target video was that the transformation seemed to have its own meter that filled independently from the action chips. That along with faster AC regeneration and not instantly reverting (ideas that others have mentioned) would help speed up the combat as well as not discouraging the use of combos to save AC for transforming.

The thing I find interesting is that most of the suggestions in this thread seem (to me, at least) like they could be patched into the current game. I know it could potentially wreck the balance of the game, but its not as though WKC was an overly challenging game to begin with anyway.