By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo renders Sony’s progress irrelevant

That little smiley on the site tells me the author is a mad man.

Around the Network

Moar delicious satire.

What this site needs to do next is publicize itself as a serious source of critical thought, and see how many people can fall for it.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Thread is funny. Games like Pong, Pac Man, Mario, Tetris, Dragon Quest, Nintendogs and WiiSports did more to get 'adults' into gaming than any 'Sony' or 'Microsoft' game ever did.

And on a secondary note, more PC games like Sim City, The Sims and WoW have gotten more adults into gaming than any 'Sony' or 'Microsoft' games. Which, strictly speaking, none of the games mentioned in this thread, are made specifically by Sony or Microsoft. Just owned by them.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

I am glad this has been brought up.

I am deeply appreciative Nintendo is still making games children can enjoy. Nintendo is the only major developer making those types of games which is why I believe they are so ridiculously successful software wise in sales this generation. There is no way on Earth I would allow my kids to play CoD, God of War, or even Halo. NSMB Wii is a type of game I would allow them to play, which by the way is an awesome family game where you can play together with your kids. We need more games like this - games that bring smiles to people's faces and light hearted. Not more ultra violent games with cursing and nudity with a badass protaginist. If companies were as half as smart they should divert more resources into those type of games when NSMB Wii is going to past 20 million in sales.

As for the perception of gaming as mature I don't see anything mature about playing a badass who violently kills. Those type of games carry a male teenage ethos. If you mentioned GTA, God of War or Halo as mature to any intelligent adult he would look at you like you lost your mind. I actually think it's funny some people take gaming so seriously. I also find it funny these so-called mature games takes itself so seriously trying to ape big Hollywood movies. A game is a game is a game.

ok.... This is soooo far off base I can't even imagine a good reply. Thank fully its an obvious joke post. I had to take a 2nd look just to see if Rol was the author.

Around the Network
SaviorX said:
"In order to be taken serious as an entertainment form by the mainstream, games need deep storylines. Not games like Wii Sports that completely lack any sort of narrative. Gaming will never catch the attention of adults with titles like Wii Fit or Brain Training."

According to who?

This.

MY ZELDA COLLECTION

Yes, Wii Fit was quite obviously made for kids. And God of War and Halo are really mature. When you play online all you find is socially respectable adults who don't say any swear words, and the word "gay" is never ever used as an insult. Nintendo has been fooling us all this time.

Edit: crap top of the page

I am not agree with this.

"but if you happened to be older than twelve years you didn’t want to be seen playing the console."

This never happened to me. Im a proud Nintendo fan. Everybody who know me, knows it.

MY ZELDA COLLECTION

I agree with the article.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

ps3-sales! said:
I agree with the article.

wich part?

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.