By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why MAG is Essentially a $60 Beta

Dgc1808 said:
Garnett said:
MAG is a decent game, but they really need vehicles.

But... MAG has vehicles... They have weapons, you ride them, and they're used as spawn points. How much of MAG have you played??? I get the feeling you only played Sabo...

I played the hole 256 player thing, all you did was spawn in them.

I want to control a tank, a Apache attack helio. 

Like bad company...

Around the Network
Garnett said:
Dgc1808 said:
Garnett said:

But... MAG has vehicles... They have weapons, you ride them, and they're used as spawn points. How much of MAG have you played??? I get the feeling you only played Sabo...

Like bad company...

I don't think you've played enough. They're drivable and you can operate the weapon on it. Trianlge to switch seats. 

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
Garnett said:
Dgc1808 said:
Garnett said:

Like bad company...

I don't think you've played enough. They're drivable and you can operate the weapon on it. Trianlge to switch seats. 

I played the one level from the beta, the APC was shit. You need 2 people to operate it and there was no zoom for it...

Tanks, jets, helios and more things should be use able.

Twistedpixel said:
Sony quality control having a bad patch?

In any case its pretty terrible to announce a new title coming out this year, the same year that MAG comes out. That pretty much seals the deal, I will definately not be getting this title and every shred of interest I had in either MAG or SOCOM died when they decided to announce a new title for the same year as MAG. It makes me wonder about the level of effort put into either title and the level of support I would get afterwards.

why is it bad to release a title in the same year. At least according to wiki and gamefaqs, zipper did not release anything between Nov 7, 2006 and Jan 26 2010. That is plenty of development time to devote to two games using different teams.

skip said:
Twistedpixel said:
Sony quality control having a bad patch?

In any case its pretty terrible to announce a new title coming out this year, the same year that MAG comes out. That pretty much seals the deal, I will definately not be getting this title and every shred of interest I had in either MAG or SOCOM died when they decided to announce a new title for the same year as MAG. It makes me wonder about the level of effort put into either title and the level of support I would get afterwards.

why is it bad to release a title in the same year. At least according to wiki and gamefaqs, zipper did not release anything between Nov 7, 2006 and Jan 26 2010. That is plenty of development time to devote to two games using different teams.

Well it ensures that the Zipper audience gets hooked off for the new SOCOM title, hence there will probably be no longevity. Whats the point in an online multiplayer only game if noone plays it 10 months after release?

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

Around the Network
Garnett said:
Dgc1808 said:
Garnett said:
Dgc1808 said:
Garnett said:

Like bad company...

I played the one level from the beta, the APC was shit. You need 2 people to operate it and there was no zoom for it...

Yes please do pass judgement on a game by one level of the beta......:P

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Garnett said:

it does have vehicles.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Rofl, you know the whole game by playing the beta?

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

M.U.G.E.N said:
Garnett said:
Dgc1808 said:
Garnett said:
Dgc1808 said:
Garnett said:

Like bad company...

Yes please do pass judgement on a game by one level of the beta......:P

Its not like the beta was years away and the actual game has changed. Im sure its 90% the same.

Yes why of course.....your absolutely right.....pretty much all BETA version are so like the final version.....right? :S tbh I dunno why they even call them the "beta"... it really is a mystery...:P

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!