By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - my review

Words Of Wisdom said:
darconi said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
darconi, have you ever played the GBA Fire Emblems or any Fire Emblems other than the Gamecube one?

Unfortunately no since most of them haven't been released in the US until PoR for the consoles. I only recently got a DS so someday when I get around to it, I'll prolly get one of the GBA fire emblems.

I figured as much. Death is permanent in Fire Emblem, that's actually the rule rather than the exception.

Yeah I was aware that's always been the case.  But not everyone may know that since FE isn't all that well known in the US yet so figured had to add that.

Around the Network
darconi said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
darconi said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
darconi, have you ever played the GBA Fire Emblems or any Fire Emblems other than the Gamecube one?

Unfortunately no since most of them haven't been released in the US until PoR for the consoles. I only recently got a DS so someday when I get around to it, I'll prolly get one of the GBA fire emblems.

I figured as much. Death is permanent in Fire Emblem, that's actually the rule rather than the exception.

Yeah I was aware that's always been the case. But not everyone may know that since FE isn't all that well known in the US yet so figured had to add that.

Very true.  I love Fire Emblem though so I'm a little jaded as to what people know versus what they should know.

Words Of Wisdom said:
darconi said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
darconi said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

Yeah I was aware that's always been the case. But not everyone may know that since FE isn't all that well known in the US yet so figured had to add that.

Very true. I love Fire Emblem though so I'm a little jaded as to what people know versus what they should know.

I agree and understand.  Its too bad but you can't expect people to play games that aren't released in their region, esp if its in a language they're unlikely to know and SRPG's can tend to be text heavy.

darconi said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
darconi said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
darconi said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

Very true. I love Fire Emblem though so I'm a little jaded as to what people know versus what they should know.

I agree and understand. Its too bad but you can't expect people to play games that aren't released in their region, esp if its in a language they're unlikely to know and SRPG's can tend to be text heavy.

Eh... details details. 

how long is this game? I heard it had a boat load of chapters
So far I am on section 1 chapter 5

This is my signature.

Around the Network
andrewpeirce said:
PoR is awsome. I bought it over a year ago, started playing it a few weeks ago for the first time lol. It has a hero some will find annoying though, kinda like lloyd in ToS.

Time for me to earn some more death threats from Soriku...

Ike would kick Lloyd's ass.

Seriously, the only protagonists less annoying than Ike have no personality whatsoever.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I have this game and it's a good buy. I believe one of the reviews said it would take 50 hours to complete. Apparently you can even import characters from the Gamecube Fire Emblem game to use in Radiant Dawn. Don't quote me on this though.

I think there are 45 Chapters total?

An average person could probably spend about one hour per chapter if they're overly cautious like I am. =P

I just got this game for free with the TRU deal. I hope it is good because Im nearly at 120 stars in Galaxy.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!