By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gametrailers.com FFXIII video review

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-hd-final-fantasy/62720

Around the Network

What's the score? lol

I don't want to see the video.

One of the few websites that rated it higher than XII.

looks like GT thought the story was its weak spot. I'm glad they also mentioned that virtually all JRPGs are linear because linearity is the least of ff13's troubles.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Can someone confirm that it's spoiler free?

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Around the Network
themanwithnoname said:

Written review

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamereview.php?id=2649

themanwithnoname said:

Judging by the first minute - it's full of spoilers, so I've just listened to it without watching.

themanwithnoname said:

I watched the whole thing, it's spoiler free IMO i.e, there's nothing in there that you wont have seen before if you've been following the game's progress

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Pristine20 said:
looks like GT thought the story was its weak spot. I'm glad they also mentioned that virtually all JRPGs are linear because linearity is the least of ff13's troubles.

They didn't say story was the weak point.  They said dialogue was the weak point which is a completely different thing.

While it is true most JRPGs are linear..i think the biggest issue I had with FFXIII is it didn't even try to hide this. One of the reasons how linear it stands out is because you are basically moving from one area to the next..usually w/o the ability to go back. While in other JRPGs yes you have to go this direction, but usually you could go out somewhere else, do other things before you head to that next point in the game. FFXIII"s first 9 chapters or so are pretty much funnel you in 1 direction the whole time.

I'm not saying its a bad thing, but thats how i felt when i played it.