By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Digital Foundry FFXIII comparison

PC gamers=extremely sensitive to resolution => watching comparison videos => cry and scream "no!" in pain....... difference is too big for me, SE really fucked up, fuck sake.

Around the Network
CommonMan said:
Will somebody please point out what I'm supposed to be looking for? I watched most of the video, and aside from the fact all I wanted to do was play the game from watching it and couldn't pay enough attention to the graphics. I just couldn't really tell much of a difference. I saw some pixelation in the hair on the characters in the 360 version, what else should I look for? Also, something must be wrong with me I guess, it just didn't seem like much of a difference.

CGI sequences look awful. Not the 360s fault though.

If you can't see it, good for you, I guess.

It's not THAT bad either.

Certainly not the worst port we've seen this gen.

I found the article be a little overly critical of the 360 version considering the actual game runs better on the 360. However the visuals are definately better on the PS3 and digital foundry really is based more on visuals then performance.

Shadows are also different between the two versions. Here's a comparison done on gaf using Digital Foundry's screens:

Around the Network

They looks great for both versions.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

I don't think the lower-grade graphics are going to hurt the 360 version's scores too much. The score gap was big for Bayonetta because it had bad load times and slowdown that negatively impacted actual gameplay. If the PS3 version outscores the 360 version by more than 1 point on metacritic, it'll be because Xbox 360 reviewers tend not to pull any punches when it comes to reviewing jrpgs. :D. Seriously I don't think there is a single 360 jrpg that managed to hit 80 on metacritic. Even though Tales of Vesperia and Lost Odyssey are highly regarded within the jrpg community.

Thanks Makingmusic! I can see the difference now. Wow! You'd never notice if you just went and bought the 360 version huh? Well, good to see that it's a beautiful game, regardless of platform.

Mostly every JRPG is under scored this gen with the exception of a few. But alot of big games this gen are over scored. Looking at you MW2.

Wagram said:
Mostly every JRPG is under scored this gen with the exception of a few. But alot of big games this gen are over scored. Looking at you MW2.

Agreed. I would happily swap MW2's and Lost Odyssey's meta's and think it is more fitting, but the masses have spoken it seems.