By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Digital Foundry FFXIII comparison

Severance said:

Xbox 360 Disk swapping : "naaahhhh its okay really disk swapping is all good infact i enjoy disk swapping its like so much fun !"

PS3 Install : "MAN THESE INSTALLS TAKE 5 MINUTES OF MY LIFE... 5 MINUTES! JESUS MAN I CAN DIE I AM DYING I CAN'T BREATH"

Don't forget to add, "360 can install games now too?! OMG BEST THING EVAR"

ot: 1 more weekkkkkkk

Around the Network

yeah it's pretty obvious in the video, but the 360 version is still damn good looking. Oh well, if anyone doesn't buy the game over this trifle, they are stupid.

you (the journalist) seriously picked that screen shot to say the 360 is better at times than the ps3:?? dude look at the 360 screen shot then ps3 and you tell me if the 360 version is better

From reading the entire article, it seems that the bad porting process that Square-Enix made is the culprit of the inferior looks, rather than console capabilities.

The fact that the framerate on the 360 is better shows that there's some headroom for improvement there.

just look at her hair and cape for the 360 screen shot and then the ps3 youll see the ps3 is much better align and colored. then also look at that rumble all the way in the front the 360 version again looks faded, misaligned while the the ps3 version looks perfect

Around the Network
demitri55 said:
you (the journalist) seriously picked that screen shot to say the 360 is better at times than the ps3:?? dude look at the 360 screen shot then ps3 and you tell me if the 360 version is better

I am not sure what you are looking at but the 360 version is noticably more attractive there.

fazz said:
From reading the entire article, it seems that the bad porting process that Square-Enix made is the culprit of the inferior looks, rather than console capabilities.

The fact that the framerate on the 360 is better shows that there's some headroom for improvement there.

Well yeah.  It looks like they ported it in just a few months.  They were probably thinking "We've already convinced MS to advertise it for us, so it'll sell well either way." and then pumped out a port for as little cost as possible.

It's like free money.

How come this articals main first quote was left of this post?

"The rumours are true. Final Fantasy XIII on Xbox 360 isn't ANYWHERE NEAR as impressive as it is on PlayStation 3. The real kicker is that it's a lot worse than it should have been."

I mean, this truly sums it up... no?

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

ramses01 said:
demitri55 said:

I am not sure what you are looking at but the 360 version is noticably more attractive there.

LMAo, no its not, wow dude, dig out ypur ms blinders, for gods sakes, there is an obvious quality improvement in the PS3 shot, lol.

Also, this will be the last thread on this subject. Digital Foundry are a trustworthy source, and I'm tired of all the bitching in the other threads. They shall be locked shortly.

And if anybody starts whining about what console somebody else is going to buy this game for, they will be banned. Assuming I see them, of course.