By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Toys 'R ' Us Sunday Wii MADNESS

Bodhesatva said:
NJ5 said:
When did the new boxes containing protective sleeves start appearing in the market? That points to either Nintendo or TRU stockpiling indeed.

Maybe Bod can enlighten us.

Excellent point. Excellent.

Not only did we recieve 100% Wiis with protective sleeves today, it's been nearly a month since we got our last Wii that did not have a protective sleeve. Which is to say -- within a week of Nintendo's announcement about the sleeves, all of the Wiis we recieved had the sleeves in them, which suggests the turnaround was instantaneous and there was absolutely no stockpiling done by TRU.

Thanks for that! I want to believe so, but I just thought of another possibility - radioioRobert says that was not the case at the TRU he was at, so it might be that they sent stockpiled units to some stores and not to other ones. Oh well, we'll just have to wait a few weeks and find out who's stockpiling (or alternatively diverting supply from other retailers to TRU :P).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Unfortunately I only saw a few units up close as they were behind the counter, the reason I noticed was because I was at the middle of three registers and the units sold on either side of me had the two different types of packaging. I am a not in any way saying stockpiling, I don't want to think that either :)

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

Wow, I just preordered Nights:Journey of Dreams, Soulcalibur Legends, & Smash Brothers Brawl online and the sale price works! Whoo Hoo!

105.00 including shipping :)

BAM! There it is!

radioioRobert said:

Wow, I just preordered Nights:Journey of Dreams, Soulcalibur Legends, & Smash Brothers Brawl online and the sale price works! Whoo Hoo!

105.00 including shipping :)

I did Nights, Smash and Fire Emblem. Couldn't make it to the store, glad the had an online option so I could get something :)

wtf wii play "temporarily not available" at least I can get brawl free.

Around the Network

I went back to the Toys R Us (in Newport News VA) that I had reported about earlier.

I managed to get BWii, FE and RR2. The clerks didn't even know that they still had a copy of RR2 -- but I spotted a shrinked copy in the case.

Conservative guess -- 50k Wiis today. And they probably could have sold 3x that many. So much for NPD accuracy.

Mike from Morgantown (in Newport News)

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

I'll agree with a conservative guess, but I'll bet TRU today only did 60k Wiis.

BAM! There it is!

will the wii zapper count as a game, and will it be available in time to qualify?

I already preordered the Wii Zapper from Amazon, and they delayed it until the first week of December. Though for $19.99, I think you can get a lot better bang for your buck.

BAM! There it is!

For a while here in Austin, TX, I was seeing a wii or three here and there in the cases at Target and Wal-Mart but I don't recall seeing more than 3 or 4. That was a couple of months ago. I haven't seen a wii in stock for a while now and I'm seeing signs up. I was TV and Home Theater shopping this weekend (as well as accessory shopping) and I went to circuit city, best buy, sams club, wal mart, and sears grand. None had Wiis in stock and Best Buy, Sams Club, and Toys R Us had signs out stating "no Wiis in stock". That's the first time I've seen a sign in quite a while so clearly things are picking up for the Wii as the holiday approaches...

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.