Should Marijuana Be Legalized For Adults Over 21

Yes, Hell alcohol is a worse drug 39 45.88%

Yes, I'm tired of people... 18 21.18%

No, keep it at Medical Marijuana 9 10.59%

No, just because 9 10.59%

Yes, the economy is bad a... 8 9.41%

No, I make money under th... 2 2.35%

Total:85

While I don't see the point of smoking marijuana, if they can regulate and make money for the state then I guess its okay. Alcohol is worse for people anyway. As for medical use, they actually have a pill that has the same benefits of smoking without having to smoke or get high

Warrior of Light #66

"I'm not illiterate, my parents were married!"

3DS FC: 2878 9589 2016

Around the Network

I have a personal loathing for potheads that has been cultivated by living with them here at college, but then again college life has given me a loathing of drinkers, too, which is nominally legal (though these are underage drinkers, they'd be acting the same under the influence two years from now, i wouldn't dislike them any less if what they were doing was legal)

Ultimately, i would like to see it stay illegal, just to keep those potheads down, but that's just personal spite. From a practical perspective there really is no reason to spend all this time and money fighting it when it really isn't any more harmful than other legal substances.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I’m all for a significant overhaul to how drugs are regulated so that there is a consistent set of rules surrounding why certain drugs are over the counter medications, need to be behind the counter, have age requirements, require prescriptions, need to be directly administered by a trained professional, and/or are banned substances which it is illegal to possess or sell. The reason behind this position is that the current legal framework of most countries is arbitrary and inconsistent at best. A point that someone made awhile back was that it is acceptable in our legal system for a man to take hormone replacements for cosmetic reasons to alter their body to be more feminine, but it is not acceptable in our legal system for a man to take hormone replacements for cosmetic reasons to alter their body to be more masculine; and, while I don’t support steroid use (especially for athletes), I can see the inconsistency in the position.

Now, I’m not for or against the legalization or prohibition of any drug in particular but I would like the reason something is legal or illegal to be based on logical rules. If one of the rules of a recreational drug is that a single dose can not be in your system or have a lasting effect 60 minutes after administering it, and a drug like Marijuana still had a measurable effect 2 hours after administering it I could understand why it was not a recreational drug; but at the moment the justification of why it is illegal is not solid at all.

I'm going to say no, it shouldn't be. It does have negative effects on its users, with other effects sure to show up from long-term use. I'm not going to say that it's as bad as the ones that are legal, however, it was foolish to allow them to be so rampant and legal. When they tried to remove alcohol (prohibition), it failed miserably, because people were already allowed to do it legally at one point. If we make this legal, then it's just one more thing that can't be taken away later, once more negative effects are found out.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

Mise said:
You might as well legalize, regulate and tax the crap out of it, and everyone would benefit. Well, everyone excluding pot dealers, drug test manufacturers and rehab clinics.

Rehab clinics reactions would vary dramatically, believe me. You don't get a lot of pot heads, and typically they just take up a bed for no good reason. They rarely get anything out of rehab, and honestly have very little reason to even be there. I would be thrilled to not have to waste everyone's time and energy treating someone who typically is not in need of in-patient treatment.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

No. America is not Holland mmmkay. I am personally against favoring the activity of non-hackers and whiskey tango foxtrots who can't seem to make it in life so they resort to selling weed. If it was legalized a heck of a lot of people would be out of work and recalled if deep-cover in an anti-drug op. In the end, the status-quo should remain and the hippie potheads can pack their gear and relocate if they think America is bad b/c "pot should be legal man."

My 2c.

Weed makes you fat. Alcohol can do that too, but weed is even worse at making you fat since it gives you munchiez.

I don't smoke it myself, but all my friends in high school did(they were the only kind of people that would put up with me). Still, I have no issues with drugs themselves, just the drug world filled with murder, betrayal, and the organ problems of the people who smuggle them.

PSN ID: KingFate_

SamuelRSmith said:
Why limit it to just over 21 year olds? What effects will it have on an 18/19 year old that it wouldn't on a 21 year old? Surely, if legalising for economical reasons - perhaps it would be best to keep in a demographic who's income is disproportionally disposable compared to most.

I limited into 21 because in the United States alcohol consumption is only illegal for individual over that age. It would be hypocritical to call for a lower age for marijuana consumption in my country. I think when you turn 18 you are considered a legaL adult and should have every right of a citizen of the country you live in including the consumption of both drugs at 18.

I know other European countries have alot lower drinking age requirements, but my country is a little misguided.

Thatmax said:
Definitely should be legalised in my eyes.

I don't like how it effects me, I just become less talkative and overthink everything that is going on around me, but its not thhe same for everyone. I know people who are pretty agressive, but become much friendlier and more considerate people after a spliff or two.

This is how it used to effect me that is why I quite for over 5 years after heavy use as a teenager.Yet, I never once thought it should be illegal even when I was abstinent. I know that alcohol which I prefer has gotten me in a lot more trouble.