By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resonance of Fate to be only partially localized... 0_o

Xen said:
Xxain said:
Xen said:
TBH, this just sounds like an excuse to me.

okay... Since the beginning of ROF development, thay have made it pretty clear they want the PS3 and 360 to equal.... Meaning NO differences. So the PS3 in all its BR goodness most likely could handle the task.. the 360 could not. So instead of saying give PS3 all Voice work and 360 partial.. and upset/turn ppl away from 360 they said scrape it... hows that a Xxcuse? Theee trying not to what SE did with 360 version of FFXlll... I mean you know how thats turning out.

Why not include ONLY English voices? The 360 doesn't have a problem handling that. No squeeze-ins required like that the way I understand it.

Am I understanding you correctly?

And yeah, I obviously know the FFXIII case. SE fucked it up.

Because dubs are terrible? Probably the biggest reason is all of us who are disgusted with SE screwing up FFXIII by hosing the original audio in favor of pandering to Xbox crowd are natually going to pay a lot more attention to RoF. If Sega cant or wont compete with SE in terms of marketing (and cant in terms of franchise recognition here) they probably at least want to compete with the core JRPG fanbase. If the core is kept happy, then they have a decent chunk of gaurunteed sales even in a competitive month like this, and they also have a loyal group helping to keep the hype and publicity going.

Probably a lesson learned with Valkyria Chronicles. Games with happy core fanbase have better legs. They are probably hoping to win over the VC crowd along with the SO crowd, to try and build a long term franchise, which seems rather a wiser plan to me than dropping the original audio, and going head to head with SE for the FF crowd.

Around the Network

wow way to screw up!

Anyway hopefully there aren't too many scenes like this in the game!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Just as long as the important scenes have voice acting it should be fine.

Someone has probably said this already, but most JRPG's are not 100% voiced, so I don't see what the big deal is here...

Yeah. I read about this. This is a huge detractor for this game for me. It better have some damn good game play to make up for this.

I can't understand Japanese, therefore I do NOT want to hear it in Japanese.

Around the Network
Wagram said:
Yeah. I read about this. This is a huge detractor for this game for me. It better have some damn good game play to make up for this.

I can't understand Japanese, therefore I do NOT want to hear it in Japanese.

Just use the English voice option then. Most of the game is voiced, and you can just read what isn't. Like I said before, pretty much every JRPG that I've played does not have 100% of the text voiced.

Excellent news, finally a company that realizes the priority is to have the Japanese voices in a JRPG, if dual audio doesn't fit completely, you need to trim out the English VA, not the much superior and original Japanese one

SEGA, kudos to you for making that decision

Aren't you seeing why english dub will be partial? Something called DVD used by another platform? What do you think?

I wanted this game, but with this news... not so much :-/

Too many games already coming out. I can be picky

Sega please just do subtitles instead, I will be much happier this way as they always pick the wrong people for English VA

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1