By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resonance of Fate to be only partially localized... 0_o

Silicon Era

Sega’s first project with Tri-Ace, Resonance of Fate (aka End of Eternity in Japan), will have a Japanese voice option. However, the English voice track won’t be complete. (Thanks for the tip Pesmerga00!!)

Speaking with Videogamer.com, Jun Yoshino, Localization Producer at Sega, says, “We will have English American voices. Unfortunately, just to squeeze it in, because we wanted to keep the gap small, some things will be text. But we know that a lot of JRPG fans just play with the Japanese voice overs on with the subtitles anyway.”

Yoshino makes a point, but having a fully voiced English track would be nice option too since, you know, this is going to be released in the West.

Resonance of Fate is slated to come out in Japan in winter 2009. Sega will release the game in North America and Europe in early 2010. Would delaying Resonance of Fate until mid 2010 for a full English track be that bad?

Around the Network

Generalizing your fans isn't a smart move Sega. I don't like Japanese voiced games and I hate scrolling through text for hours of cutscenes.

Again? First Yakuza 3 with no dub, now this with partial...

I don't mind that myself, but that will turn off some people too.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Huh? So, what exactly does this mean. Will only a few characters speak English or will everybody start to speak English and then switch to Japanese mid-sentence????

I am the Playstation Avenger.

I just want to know how they'll handle a partial localization. Occasionally transition from JP to EN voice overs? Have parts where the characters look like they're talking display only text?

It just seems weird.

Around the Network
adriane23 said:
Huh? So, what exactly does this mean. Will only a few characters speak English or will everybody start to speak English and then switch to Japanese mid-sentence????

From the OP I would imagine some characters will have full voice actors while others will just be text blurbs and again while some scenes will be in full audio and vocals others will be just be text. With the option to switch to Japanese voices.

This is old.... it just means that all the scenes voiced in Japanese, some wont be voiced in English

Will look weird if you can see their lips moving.
Last such cases I remember and am aware of were Tales of games (Abyss and Legendia).

I'm one of the people who pick Japanese voiceovers anytime when given the option (and often importing games because of not having the option), but studios should really learn to start dubbing early on if they know the game is going to be release in the West. Tales of Vesperia did fine in that aspect, and the dub was even decent.

noo this is wack i dont like jap voices

thats just slack and poeple are giving ff13 shit jeez im looking forward to this game but i dont wana hear random japanese people ive never understood y people want japanese tracks u cant bllody understand them its just pointless unless u speak japanese