By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Recommend me an RPG

I loved Fable II

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

you have a time limit... Fable 2 is your best bet... most of the other games will take 40+ hours to beat... Fallout 3 could be done in much less but who plays the game like that?

Barozi said:
1. Fallout 3
2. Mass Effect 1&2
3. Lost Odyssey
4. Borderlands
5. The Elder Scrolls Oblivion
6. Dragon Age Origins
7. Fable 2
8. Tales of Vesperia

In that order

I'd probably re-arrange numbers 5-8 personally (and remove borderlands, only because I haven't played it); but I absolutely agree with 1-3 on this list.

Fallout 3 you could spend weeks on, and if you personally own a PS3, you could play it there, so I'd recommend Mass Effect 1 & 2.  If you finish those, then Lost Odyssey is a fantastic traditional JRPG.

Hmm, you say you don't have a lot of time so I'm not sure if I should recommend some of these but...

Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect Series, Fallout 3 and Dragon Age Origins.

Tales of Vesperia
Mass Effect
Fable 2

Should cover all aspects of RPG gaming on the 360.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Assuming he has Mass Effect I would add that to your list because of the great story, dialouge wheel and complete polish.

Lost Odyssey is a good choice but it is quite long so in terms of time you might be better off with Tales of Vesperia or Blue Dragon.

Mass effect 1 & 2 are my favorites on the system. The action and stories in Mass effect are very, very good. There is a reason why Mass effect 1 & 2 are among the highest rated (meta / gamerankings etc) rpgs of this generation.

Lost Odyssey is pretty good also. Lost odyssey is a long game thou. Good luck and have fun.

Mass Effect series
Fable II
Tales of Vesperia
Lost Odyssey

Nice variety in all these titles.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia, ME 1 and 2, are most recommended. It will depend on what you like if you can tell us what you have liked before series names genre preferences that would make the choice easier.

If you only have a limited time then I would go with Fable 2.