By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Biggest Nintendo Fan: MANUELF vs. Shonen

killeryoshis was too lazy, so I'll do this one

Biggest Nintendo Fan 

Shonen

The first game i ever play ....was Super mario bros, during NES and SNES times i fall in love for nintendo games , like zelda , metroid , and other, its all okay , i never even bother about play a Sega console , but when the year of 1996 come around people star to talk about a playstation thing, and the sega saturn and my uncle ask me about what i would like to as a b-day gift , and he ask me , do you want a Playstation or a Nintendo 64, i still not have the clear notion that Nintendo games only appears on nintendo platforms yet , than i ask him "Can i play mario on playstation ?" and he sad "Nope , but it uses CDs" and i ask him "Can i play zelda on it ?" and hi sad "Nope , but game are cheaper" and i sad "Okay , give my N64" and than he i get a Japanese N64 with super mario 64 , i had every single Nintendo platform ever released, even if i had to sell some of than cuz here i brazil thing are not easy...its hard to describe woth words and in a short text what nintendo means to me, but i think that Nintendo is the only thing in this world to never let me down that why i love it so much , my parents some friends and ex-girlfriends all let me down in some way , but nintendo never do it , after waiting years to play Zelda TP, i felt like the first time i played the original zelda on the NES, SMG make me almost cream my pants the in my first run,and i didnt born a nintendo fan boy , i become one when i realized that all the games that i like best where from the same company, Nintendo its a company that gives me the wish to be alive , just to watch the next press conference and scream in from of my PC while Iwata shows off the next big game or hardware (i got tears when i saw the trailer for Metroid other M)Ninteno its a company for with i would die for , cuz life would be to gray ...without it ..."

collection not available

Manuelf

My first Nintendo console was the NES, I don't remember when we obtained it but I remember the moments of joy and frustration on SMB and the killer instincts with THAT dog on Duck Hunt so I have been playing Nintendo games since I have memory before I was 5 I had a SNES with Super Mario World and I could finally pass the first world(not level) on a Mario game and I still remember the bongos when you ride yoshi and the cape that made you fly, I also played Super Mario All-Stars and my favorite game was SMB3 even though I never could finish the game, on Christmas 1998 my sister received a N64 bundled with DK64  and I played the hell out of it and I even reached the last level!!!, other games I had for my N64 were Smash Bros, MK64 and Pokemon Stadium and all three Mario Partys, I played and loved ALL of them including SM64 that I never understood I still remember the countless hours playing multiplayer on Smash, Mario Kart and Mario Party 1-3 also sometimes we played Pokemon Stadium and a friend copy of Golden eye, when I knew of the GC I instantly wanted it and received one on Christmas 2002 along with Super Mario Sunshine(the first single player focused game I EVER completed) alongside the GC lifetime my brother and I played all the Mario Partys, Melee and Mario Kart Double Dash(bowser jr and diddy kong rules) on 2006 I received my red DS bundled with Mario Kart and the rest is history, the DS is my favorite console ever and the one that made me a game enthusiastic at a so high level that I imported a japanese game(JUS) and made me buy GBA games to play appart of the DS ones, is the console with the most games I have played and enjoyed, on 2007 after I played the Wii on a friend's house I wanted it and I got it alongside Galaxy(beautiful game that made my jaw drop) and a month after receiving my Wii I joined this side on the hype wagon for Brawl and Mario Kart but principally Brawl.

Long story short I have owned all the Nintendo home consoles with the exception of the Virtual Boy, all the main mario games one way or another and the latest  Mario Kart and Smash Bros games.

His collection is here: http://www.vgchartz.com/profiles/mygames.php?id=16899&type=Own

Match orders

Red=Lost       Green=Win
1. iLLmaticV3 vs sherlock99 3 to 14

2.  Falcon095 vs GhostofRubangB  10 to 16
3. amp316 vs Wick 11 to 6
4. Majin_Tenshinhan vs Fazz 15 to 14
5. Wii_Master vs Rolstoppable 6 to 22
6. Wildvine53 vs Co3n3jo 4 to 10
7. MANUELF vs Shonen (current)
8. killeryoshis vs morenoingrato

Last round

Matches
Red=Lost      
Green=Win
1.snesboy vs iLLmaticV3
10 to 13
2.Shonen vs
Sound of rain* (Sound of rain* gave up)
3.darthdevidem01 vs morenoingrato 9 to 16
4.falcon095 vs Zexen_lowe 23 to 21
5.lestatdark vs MANUELF 11 to 21
6.Co3n3jo vs trangentspree 3 to 2
7.tehsage vs Wii_master  10 to 11

8. Wildvine53 vs Makingmusic476 19 to 5
9. superchunk vs Majin_Tenshinhan 21 to 26
10. Ghost of RubangB vs nintendogamer 21 to 20
11.killeryoshis vs
cougerman 19 to 16
12. sherlock99 vs Supermario128 7 to 5
13. amp316 vs guidic 25 to 2
14. Fazz vs Soriku 19 to 5

15. wick vs ninten78 3 to 11
16. Masterzack vs rolstopable 17 to 26

next round won't be held by me or killeryoshis for obious reasons

Around the Network

I'll vote for shonen

I shall vote for MANUELF.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

My vote goes for MANUELF. Massive Nintendo fan there.

10 to 4 was the last round

Also I'm votingfor the underdog like I always do. Shonen!
MANUELF unless you somehow lower your post count down to <100 posts I'm not voting for you this round

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

I was going to vote for MANUELF...until I read that life would have no meaning for Shonen without Nintendo.

I vote Shonen.

Damn these contests are hard!!!

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

3-2
shonen leads

ManuelF..Just to make things interesting, as I like both these guys. And both are very deserving of the title.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Voting Shonen.

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

4-3
shonen in the lead