By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Galaxy Playthrough Time

RolStoppable said:
supermariogalaxy said:
Cool..so does everyone or at least most of you agree that Galaxy is the best Wii game so far???
Samus is hotter.

True that...

Around the Network

best game i've played on either the wii or the 360 but i'm only 8 hrs and 33 starts in. Still on third galaxy but just spent 5 hrs on the bl**dy daredevil level with the roce blokey and the black boos.

Still haven't completed it - may have to get the wife to play 2nd player to shoot rocks and collect star bits for me.

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony

For those wondering - you can go to the Wii message board and check how long you played SMG each night. Then add the durations up.

Yes some of you know, but others in this thread don't.

OT: I'm at work, so guestimation sez: 61 stars @ 13 hours.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

32 hours - on second playthrough. (i had no work to do this weekend )

I think i was at about 22/23 hours for the first 120 stars.

I have 32 stars with Luigi i think.... I didn't think he jumps any farther than Mario though, nor does he seem to run faster (he is very slippery though)

Also i was looking forward to saving Mario from the Haunted mansion...but it was a Luigi Twin....I think points should be docked from gamerankings!

@Rol. Do you know if you just leave Luigi (the second one) in the first place he "helps" to find a star, can you find the others by yourself?

I have just realised that with slippery Luigi, playing 'luigis purple coins' is going to be immensly frustrating...It was platforming heaven for Mario but I imagine i will be cursing a lot when i get there.

Parokki said:
Togepi, looks like you're doing it the opposite way as I am. I've been rushing to open all the levels with the minimum amount of stars, and intend to search them in more detail later.

Me too. I want to see all the galaxies first, then explore them thoroughly.

Around the Network

Well I've been playing for about 10 hours and have 37 stars. 2 hours was just joking around with my gf where I think I got 2 stars and another 2 hours or so was just jumping around small objects, exploring/looking at levels, and replaying levels I like. So I guess I'am 35 stars with 6 hours of real play time.

I like exploring and talking to all the toads. I have put in about 5hrs and am at 18 stars. Its a great game. I'm really glad I got it.

RolStoppable said:
TWRoO said:

@Rol. Do you know if you just leave Luigi (the second one) in the first place he "helps" to find a star, can you find the others by yourself?

No, you can't find the stars yourself. For each star you first have to receive the letter (3 total) from Toad.

shame, i thought i had a few more to do, still,... incredible game. doing a long jump on that shrinking planet (deep dark world or something?) and just going round and round about 4 times

supermariogalaxy said:
Cool..so does everyone or at least most of you agree that Galaxy is the best Wii game so far???

Tied with Twilight Princess...both are in my top 5, anyway.

Top 5 games:

1. The Sims 2 for PC

2. Twilight Princess for Wii

3./4. Super Mario World/Super Mario Galaxy in a tie

5. Wind Waker for GameCube 

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

SeriousWB said:
I don't get why people beat bowser with 60 stars, with full knowledge that they'll play for the rest right afterwards.

I usually get all the stars in a galaxy I can before fighting Bowser.  I'm at the point now that when I unlock a new area, I could go to Bowser immediately, but I choose not to.