By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony will fix Issue in the next 24 hours!

Sony will fix Issue in the next 24 hours!

yay 40 40.40%

nay 16 16.16%

pedobear 11 11.11%

I like turtles 12 12.12%

GET TO THE CHOPPA 12 12.12%

whats with all the 4chan meme's? 8 8.08%

Total:99

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/03/latest-info-on-playstation-network-status/

As you may be aware, some customers have been unable to connect to the PlayStation Network today. This problem affects the models other than the new slim PS3.

We believe we have identified that this problem is being caused by a bug in the clock functionality incorporated in the system.

Errors include:

• The date of the PS3 system may be re-set to Jan 1, 2000.
  • When the user tries to sign in to the PlayStation Network, the following
    message appears on the screen; “An error has occurred. You have been
    signed out of PlayStation Network (8001050F)”.
  • When the user tries to launch a game, the following error message appears
    on the screen and the trophy data may disappear; “Failed to install
    trophies. Please exit your game.”
  • When the user tries to set the time and date of the system via the
    Internet, the following message appears on the screen; “The current date
    and time could not be obtained. (8001050F)”
  • Users are not able to play back certain rental video downloaded from the
    PlayStation Store before the expiration date.

We hope to resolve this problem within the next 24 hours. In the meantime, if you have a model other than the new slim PS3, we advise that you do not use your PS3 system, as doing so may result in errors in some functionality, such as recording obtained trophies, and not being able to restore certain data.

As mentioned above, please be advised that the new slim PS3 is not affected with this error. We are doing our best to resolve the issue and do apologize for any inconvenience caused.

For the latest status on this situation please continue to check either the PlayStation.Blog or PlayStation.com.

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

Around the Network

We hope to resolve this problem within the next 24 hours. In the meantime, if you have a model other than the new slim PS3, we advise that you do not use your PS3 system, as doing so may result in errors in some functionality, such as recording obtained trophies, and not being able to restore certain data.

Note that word...

dsister44 said:

Note that word...

Ha! in about 10 hours from now the problem will be fixed.. dw :)

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

dsister44 said:

Note that word...

It won Obama an election; it can fix a PS3 issue.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

lol
Even If I have a slim, I am still afraid to turn it on.

Around the Network

OUCH!

If the problem lingers, it will be a major issue.
If it is solved and everything fixed, people will forget quickly.

The 24 hour time will make the difference.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

dsister44 said:

Note that word...

Companies talk like that they never give a guarantee. Even if they know that they can solve this problem they would say hope. And not "we will definetly"

Adobo said:
lol
Even If I have a slim, I am still afraid to turn it on.

Send it to me, I will look for you if its fine :) and then itll get lost in transaction by our post office :)

Netyaroze said:
dsister44 said:

Note that word...

Companies talk like that they never give a guarantee. Even if they know that they can solve this problem they would say hope. And not "we will definetly"

It's been ~17 hours since this thing started and they only "believe" that they have found out what was wrong with it. Right now I need to be reassured. >.>

Haha I get what you mean but Nety is right, that's how business goes.. if you put a promise then your in big trouble if you can't make it..