By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGC Music Riddle Game: Round 12

SHMUPGurus said:
Finally sent in my answers (and guesses). Some of them I know Ive heard them somewhere but cant say exactly what the game is at the moment... Gaaah!

Though you still did very well; you blew away all the submitted answers thus far, by more than doubling 2nd place! I'll be honest, though, if you had gotten #10, I'd be quite scared...

And... going by the number of people submitting answers, I'm assuming this round was too hard? -_-

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

Around the Network

2 is like my rounds 6.

And, rather than being hard, its 8-bit. I've played like 5, maybe 10 NES games. Some might have even less. And those are like Mario, Mega Man, Metroid etc. 

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

dunno001 said:
SHMUPGurus said:
Finally sent in my answers (and guesses). Some of them I know Ive heard them somewhere but cant say exactly what the game is at the moment... Gaaah!

Though you still did very well; you blew away all the submitted answers thus far, by more than doubling 2nd place! I'll be honest, though, if you had gotten #10, I'd be quite scared...

And... going by the number of people submitting answers, I'm assuming this round was too hard? -_-

Hmmm, that means I guessed one right because I knew 6 from the start. Not bad, I'm not that rusty!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Okay, this round is now closed. For those who are curious, here are the answers:

1. Dragon Warrior (or Quest) 1- fight with the Dragonlord. It was the first RPG I played, and I thought it'd be a good place to start.
2. Ah, this one. Everyone guessed the same game- Mega Man 2's intro. However, 2 people did comment that it sounded different, and that is correct. This mix is not from MM2. Instead, I chose to use part of the ending from Mega Man 1. And that was answer I wanted...
3. I'm saddened that nobody got this. This was one of the best games on the NES, and I even took the music from the first actual game area. Some call it the central area, but whichever, it's the first area you fight enemies in from Legacy of the Wizard.
4. Another quality NES game. This one is the victory fanfare from The Guardian Legend.
5. If I'm calling this 8-bit, I can't do all NES. The hint that it wasn't NES may have come from the fact that it had a different volume. And since extracting audio from .kss files is harder for me than .nfs files, I had to use the first track from Fantasy Zone on the Master System.
6. This was just in there for fun, and the fact that one of my roommates hates it. It's the board music from Adventures of Lolo 2.
7. I expected a few more people to be tripped up by this one, partially, again, because of the different instrumentation. But some of you guessed it correctly as the opening to Castlevania 2. If you did notice it sounding different, it's because this was actually taken from the FDS version of the game.
8. I thought someone would get this. Even the prior game in the series was in a prior round. This is from Zoda's Revenge: Star Tropics 2.
9. Another FDS remix, though you might not be able to tell. (I couldn't, at least.) This is world 3 from Kid Icarus.
10. I'll be honest- this one was the cruel one. I truthfully expected nobody to get it. Every once in a while, a decent game that nobody's ever heard of comes out from a company that nobody's ever heard of. This was a game from Kemco; and this song was the overworld music for Legend of the Ghost Lion. I'd not be surprised if I'm the only person who's played this...

-dunno001

That was fast :o

I can host the new one if cactus isn't ready yet. I know what songs I'm using and I already have about half of them.

I think not many participated this since it was 8-bit. I guess not many played 8-bit games aside from the obvious.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Around the Network

I believe Cactus said he'd be around this afternoon (which starts in a little over 2 hours), so I might hold off to see what he does or says. I've got the raw files myself for round 15; I just need to select which tracks and make them into waves...

-dunno001

I really should have gotten #8 -_-

My round should be up very soon. I just have to upload the file.

I'll be sure to take a gander at the file tonight, since I'm off to work again now, and I've got quite a bit to do... damned double-shuttle duty... -_-

-dunno001

How the hell did I miss this?! >_>

The publisher didn't advertise enough