By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII gets 9.4 by PS3M

I just bought the PS3M (mainly because of the FFXIII poster) and they reviewed the European version of FFXIII. The results? Well, I'll give you some extractions:

+ Good English audio track and fantastic Japanese audio track, multilingual subtitles, beautiful and stunning visuals + cutscenes, about 50 hours of suspense and pure emotion, very fast battles...

- ...which sometimes are coming up too often, Japanese theme song got replaced by Leona Lewis' "My Hands"

Graphics 9

Lively and as beautiful as no Final Fantasy has been before

Sound 8

Solid English speakers, fantastic on Japanese, stunning music

Gameplay 9

Thanks to the extensive instruction very easy to learn and play

Score: 9.4

A "Final Fantasy" that will search one's own kind for a very long time. Just masterly!

And now some quotes from the magazine:

"The strength of the characters is the fact, that makes the already good story to something remarkable"

"Some games are telling stories, that everyone will fell in love with immediately: Lyrical, expressive, full of emotions. And some games satisfy more with their graphics, which means detailed worlds, visually stunning action-scenes and imposing character designs. But if those two attributes come together, a masterpiece arises. A RPG, it was worth waiting for."

Take a look at my photos on flickr

Around the Network

Listening to "bibo no aozora" by Ryuichi Sakamoto, regarding the poster and reading the last quote makes me want to cry.. LOL. :(
Can't wait anymore..

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!

TAKE THAT HATERS SAYING META WILL BE BELOW 80!!!!!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

dude can you post scans PLEASE!

darthdevidem01 said:
dude can you post scans PLEASE!

Well the magazine is only in German and I don't have a camera.. I'm asking my parents for one.. wait..

Around the Network
VivaLaWiida said:

I just bought the PS3M (mainly because of the FFXIII poster) and they reviewed the European version of FFXIII. The results? Well, I'll give you some extractions:

+ Good English audio track and fantastic Japanese audio track, multilingual subtitles, beautiful and stunning visuals + cutscenes, about 50 hours of suspense and pure emotion, very fast battles...

- ...which sometimes are coming up too often, Japanese theme song got replaced by Leona Lewis' "My Hands"

Graphics 9

Lively and as beautiful as no Final Fantasy has been before

Sound 8

Solid English speakers, fantastic on Japanese, stunning music

Gameplay 9

Score: 9.4

A "Final Fantasy" that will search one's own kind for a very long time. Just masterly!

And now some quotes from the magazine:

"The strength of the characters is the fact, that makes the already good story to something remarkable"

"Some games are telling stories, that everyone will fell in love with immediately: Lyrical, expressive, full of emotions. And some games satisfy more with their graphics, which means detailed worlds, visually stunning action-scenes and imposing character designs. But if those two attributes come together, a masterpiece arises. A RPG, it was worth waiting for."

So in the end it has dual audio!? (at leats PS3 version) If this is true it is awesome.

no it doesn't have dual audio, thats confirmed!

the reviewer obviously played the import copy, as PSM3 import reviewed FF13 too.

Damn straight.

Down with the haters!

^
I think they are talking about two different versions. Wasn't it stated by Square Enix that the European and American version won't have the Japanese audio track included?

VivaLaWiida said:

Gameplay 9

So, the tutorial scored a 9 for gameplay?

Funny summary?