By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How NOT to Play Monster Hunter...

From NintendoWorldReport, http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=22653

"Our own Aaron Kaluszka got some hands-on time with Monster Hunter Tri at Nintendo's recent Media Summit, and he brought along his camera. He was brave enough to get this footage of a monster hunter's exploits in the wilderness!

The first part of his video shows him picking a character and going after some low-level beasties."

"The second part shows him harvesting some materials from a downed creature, fighting a larger enemy, and generally running for his life."

While I'm no Monster Hunter expert, it looks like he's doing wrong everything that could be done wrong... But it does make me want to play the game.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Around the Network

edit your post quick!

Got it.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

why edit it?

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

megaman79 said:
why edit it?
For the embedding to work (which it now does)

Around the Network

the only things im wondering about this game is how slowly paced it is, why can't you use more than one weapon and is there a horse or magic fast boots.

I know theyre prob. going for more realistic monster hunting but eh.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

I don't know whether it's possible to have more than one weapon but I know you can lay traps.

If indeed it's one weapon per person (per hunt of course), my guess is that's where having a hunting party is a major advantage, each one has his own weapon with different advantages/characteristics and different shielding, each potentially complementing the other.

Im getting pretty hyped for this game

Can't wait to get my hands on it

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"     

I want to play the demo so I can see if playing with the Wiimote is easier than playing with the Classic controller.