By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii shortages through march

Siko1989 said:
matter of fact i see an increase from help of the big first party line up

The 3rd party games in the next 4 months will keep things chugging too. By E3, the July-September months should be covered as well. OverallI think for the first time in the Wii's life, there will not be a drought the whole year. I'm assuming this is the peak year too.

Go out with a bang.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network
UncleScrooge said:
jlauro said:

Wii sells more the first holiday season after a price drop. Why are people surprised?  and more importantly, why wasn't Nintendo prepared...

I doubt the high sales were caused by the price drop. Especially in Japan the price drop didn't have that much of an effect and sales were down YoY until Mario Bros. was released.

Iwata also said in an interview the price cut didn't have the effect they were expecting and to investors he said he was worried about the performance until December.

Most likely Nintendo just underestimated the Mario effect and thought it wouldn't push such a lot of hardware.

I think it was more than just the "mario effect". This was the 1st holiday where Wii wasn't supply constrained (for the most part). I believe that 08 could have been much closer to 09 had they not run out of stock. The reality is there were multiple things in play. Price drop, great games, and most importantly availability.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

The Black Wii will save us all

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"