By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kratos is such a lame character

Twistedpixel said:
Khuutra said:

It's not for you.

More seriously, though, Kratos is a fulfillment of male power fantasies in the most literal, brutal way that the designers could come up with. If you expect anything else, you will be a sad panda.

Still, his visual design is actually pretty distinctive - compare him to Dante in EA's Dante's Inferno, and the difference in how distinctive their faces are will really jump out. Kratos is just stylized enough that nobody in the world actually looks like him, which is a neat little trick.

So if we chained feather dusters to him does that make him the fulfillment of your domestic cleaning fantasies?

Oh man, not even close

But let's not talk about my domestic cleaning fantasies

Around the Network

twesterm, think of it this way..

Kratos is a badass mofo because he destroys anything and everything that gets in his way. He is able to make being bald, angry and ugly cool...that isn't an easy thing to do..

He is an anti-hero, no Nathan Drake..What do you expect him to be anyway ? Who would be a better Kratos for you ?

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Maybe it's just the nerd in you that hates all tough guys? :P

Hahaha.. I dont think this is too far from the truth ;)))

Khuutra said:
Twistedpixel said:
Khuutra said:

It's not for you.

More seriously, though, Kratos is a fulfillment of male power fantasies in the most literal, brutal way that the designers could come up with. If you expect anything else, you will be a sad panda.

Still, his visual design is actually pretty distinctive - compare him to Dante in EA's Dante's Inferno, and the difference in how distinctive their faces are will really jump out. Kratos is just stylized enough that nobody in the world actually looks like him, which is a neat little trick.

So if we chained feather dusters to him does that make him the fulfillment of your domestic cleaning fantasies?

Oh man, not even close

But let's not talk about my domestic cleaning fantasies

What about Nurse fantasies? Imagine Kratos giving you your shots!

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

twesterm said:
Khuutra said:

When was the last time you actually played a God of War game?

As I said in the OP, the first God of War.  I'm just basing this off the countless random gifs,sigs, and avatars I see of him.  I see those and he's always doing about the same thing and he just makes it boring.

I meant to ask when, but I will assume that you played that at launch.

Twesterm.

Buddy.

Love and respect, etc.

But you haven't played a God of War game in five years. Random .gifs put together by fans who don't know interesting character moments from holes in their feet do not make for a familiarity with the character. You don't have the perspective to talk about whether or not Kratos makes things boring!

You are free to do it when you beat God of War 2, though.

Around the Network
Xxain said:
I agree.. I depise Kratos, hes a very 1 dimensional character. Hell I depise the series and anything that follows its philosopher on over violence( GTA, MadWord) Violent for the sake of beinG violent is dumd.

God of War isn't exactly violent for the sake of being violent..

While GTA and Madworld have no reason to be over-violent, GoW does. Greek mythology was fucking brutal. Ancient Greece was fucking brutal. Spartans killed babies they felt weren't strong enough. How violent was that ? Since GoW is based on Greek Mythology, that sense of violence associated with Greek Mythology doesn't feel out of place in this game.

The god of war series is by far one of my favorite franchises of all time but honestly i do agree with you in a way, I kinda wish they would of done a better job of telling his story than just "Argh I'm mad at the god's and killed my family! Now everyone dies!" Idk that aspect of the game is pretty generic but the gameplay and everything else more than makes up for it.

Kratos rules in every possible way

end of thread

BenVTrigger said:
The god of war series is by far one of my favorite franchises of all time but honestly i do agree with you in a way, I kinda wish they would of done a better job of telling his story than just "Argh I'm mad at the god's and killed my family! Now everyone dies!" Idk that aspect of the game is pretty generic but the gameplay and everything else more than makes up for it.

People poop on Chains of Olympus, but it did pretty well at building on his character. You can Youtube the twenty minutes or so surrounding the final battle. It's pretty good.

GodOfWar_3ever said:
twesterm, think of it this way..

Kratos is a badass mofo because he destroys anything and everything that gets in his way. He is able to make being bald, angry and ugly cool...that isn't an easy thing to do..

He is an anti-hero, no Nathan Drake..What do you expect him to be anyway ? Who would be a better Kratos for you ?

i'd expect Kratos to grow hair and talk about his wife and life as a spartan in GoW III i even want him to wear clothing and have a pet dog (that he wont try to rip in half at first site) ,that way its going to be the perfect character development!

Edit: and he should also write a book called "GRAH!! :WoG Wisdom of the Gods "

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.