By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - so whats peoples opinions on Heavy Rain **No spoilers please**

Just got Heavy Rain last night and played around 5 hours and couldn't put it down.  Gotta say i think this game is such a breath of fresh air but i think people will either love it or hate it.

I just read their plansd for the DLC and how it will feature a background chronicle for characters and i think this sounds a great idea, so please let me know - do games like this have a place in the current market, will it be a success and did you personally enjoy it or not?

Around the Network

I hope it catches on ,,,i m lovin it

*wobbles around* just woke up... played for 9 hours straight...

... get it.

*faints*

It's the shiznittle zim zam zap!

Finished it today. Took me 11 hours or so.

It's better than Fahrenheit in pretty much everything. The gameplay didnt see much of an improvement but everything else did. Most importantly the characters are memorable and the plot makes a lot more sense and has less holes than in Fahrenheit.

However, Heavy Rain is no graphical masterpiece.

Around the Network

Incredible!

<a href="http://b0c40pmhv4t-qfuimlmmqex5q0.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=WT5K3KF3" target="_top">Click Here!</a>

I love it!!! Can't stop playing it :D They need to make a movie!!!

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

Rei said:
Finished it today. Took me 11 hours or so.

It's better than Fahrenheit in pretty much everything. The gameplay didnt see much of an improvement but everything else did. Most importantly the characters are memorable and the plot makes a lot more sense and has less holes than in Fahrenheit.

However, Heavy Rain is no graphical masterpiece.

How many times did you "finish" it?  It has 4 or 5 endings so you may have only just broken the proverbial ice so to speak.  Graphically this game is fantastic, unless you are playing on a SD tv or a lower end HD TV.

Just finished it for the first time. I have a fever but it kept me up playing all night... ugh. It's an adventure game that wants to feel like a movie, but with one major gameplay difference. Instead of getting to an area and being trapped there until you solve the puzzle within and are allowed to advance to the next area, like good old point-and-click adventure games, Heavy Rain constantly advances you to the next area (or scene) whether or not you've fully explored each area and solved whatever puzzle/ found whatever clues may lie within.  This gives it a feeling of momentum which is new, and also really puts you on the spot when you have to make a life changing decision for a character in a way I don't think I've ever experienced.
It was a really satisfying thing to play through and I hope more games are made like this. I'd really like to see one that isn't about a serial killer, which is one of my least favorite themes. I'm impressed I was so drawn into the game despite that (I thought they kept the number of really creepy scenes to a minimum, and balanced them out with a lot of really interesting emotional scenes, which was nice).

It starts slow for the first hour or so but its fantastic once it does. The story(so far) is very emotional and mysterious. I hope Heavy Rain can be as influenial for game designers as ICO and Shenmue were.