By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Alan Wake to run at 720p w/ 30fps & 4xAA

this game will set a new benchmark for the 360 without a doubt.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

Around the Network

Not 1080p?
Pah!

Its an interesting game technologically. I wonder sometimes if both Reach and Wake will be the two most technically sound games to release in 2010 for different reasons. Fable 3 is no slouch either.

Halo Reach is a game which has scaled up in every direction. Not only is it more visually sound, it can be played with 4 players locally with over a hundred strong AI in the one engagement over some pretty open maps. Bungie can afford to hire the best and it really does show.

Alan Wake looks like it has the premiere lighting engine for other games to aspire to in the next generation. They can't fake anything as easily because they can't simply prebake every texture die to space constraints. In addition to this their use of polygons is pretty amazing in that they can make a lower polygon Alan Wake look better than a lot of higher polygon characters. The time in development really shows here.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

I recently bought a 42 inch samsung 720p plasma TV for the bedroom cause it was on sale quite cheap. I figured it will go nicely as a backup for my 67 inch 1080p.

There is no fucking difference between the two resolutions on most console games, unless you are sitting 2 inches away form the TV and you can see the actual pixels up close. Even when that close, its such a minor thing...

PC games is a different story.

disolitude said:
I recently bought a 42 inch samsung 720p plasma TV for the bedroom cause it was on sale quite cheap. I figured it will go nicely as a backup for my 67 inch 1080p.

There is no fucking difference between the two resolutions on most console games, unless you are sitting 2 inches away form the TV and you can see the actual pixels up close. Even when that close, its such a minor thing...

Damnit dude, throw some dough my way :)

Around the Network
JaggedSac said:
disolitude said:

Lol, ever since gf moved in few months back, I'm saving half for rent... This TV is mroe to please her than anything. Cause i had a dinky 26 inch LCD in the bedroom before...

But yeah, Lotto Max jackpot if 50 million this friday and if I win...you will have a new TV too :)

disolitude said:
JaggedSac said:
disolitude said:

Lol, ever since gf moved in few months back, I'm saving half for rent... This TV is mroe to please her than anything. Cause i had a dinky 26 inch LCD in the bedroom before...

But yeah, Lotto Max jackpot if 50 million this friday and if I win...you will have a new TV too :)

Whatta bout ya boy Garnett? 

Im just sayin  

Guys stop hounding him, wait til he wins the Lotto on friday.
I'm sure he'll buy us 3 a brand spanking new TV.

see how i went about it :)

lol...everyone on my xbox live freinds list gets a new TV. How about that?

ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS LIST QUICK!!!