By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yoko Shimomura composing for Xenoblade!

Outside of Kingdom Hearts, Yoko did the Mario & Luigi games as well as Heroes of Mana for the DS. I really enjoyed the musical score for all of those games so i have no problems at all with her composing for Xenoblade.

Familiar names working on upcoming games always makes me feel a little easier about the overall potential quality of the title.

How technical is your game?

Around the Network

So much for Yasunori Mitsuda.... Seriously, they should have never let him go back on Xenosaga II for....bleh, Yuki Kajura. Now its like every game they do, they have to find someone else.

Not saying Yoko Shimomura is bad. She has actually done some damn fine work (such as Super Mario RPG and even the original Street Fighter II OST). But they had something amazing going with Yasunori Mitsuda and they never should have given him up.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Man I was hoping for Mitsuda SO MUCH, dammit dammit dammit!

g-value said:
Now I'm not even sure Xenoblade will have memorable music. I don't remember a single track from the Kingdom Hearts series. The music in the website and trailer were amazing though, maybe she'll pull through. I still wish it was Mitsuda though. Then I would have been sure that Xenoblade would have a AAA soundtrack.

Parasite Eve, Super Mario RPG. Does that help?

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Least we know the music will be great.

Around the Network
Son1x said:
g-value said:
Now I'm not even sure Xenoblade will have memorable music. I don't remember a single track from the Kingdom Hearts series. The music in the website and trailer were amazing though, maybe she'll pull through. I still wish it was Mitsuda though. Then I would have been sure that Xenoblade would have a AAA soundtrack.

Parasite Eve, Super Mario RPG. Does that help?

No, it doesn't.

Well she did compose this great song for Kingdom Hearts 2

Ah that is great news!

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)

Whatever Yoko Shimomura does, it becomes a big hit for me (in terms of Soundtracks).

More epic/hype than it previously was now?

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"