By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tretton: "we are in the first 25% to 30% of this generation"

Carl2291 said:
So, both Sony and Microsoft want the generation to last for a long time.

Great news!

In theory, this sounds great, but at the end of the day, it is on the customer to decide.

Around the Network

I love how he talks about the importance of technology for the PS3 games, then says how futuristic the console was at launch and then patently ignores the newer technologies out there. I also love how he says 25-30% of the console life is done, love the hyperbole because im still doubting they will be releasing games that make it 'the year of the PS3' in 2014 because they'll have a PS4 by then.

Dampfi said:
Carl2291 said:

Great news!

In theory, this sounds great, but at the end of the day, it is on the customer to decide.

it already did.

the highest sellingconsole is the wii,why do i need to spend milions to laucnh a new console

when the publishers themselves also prefer not to make the budget of games even bigger than now?

even if the next gen started in 2011 until the consoles went mainstream and their library was decent its going to be 2012/13

Dampfi said:
Carl2291 said:

Great news!

Not really. The customer cannot force them to make a next gen console.

This means Kingdom Hearts III should come out sometimes this gen!!!

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
I would love to see this generation last at least another five years. I look at all the improvements made to PSN and XBL over the years, and the improvements from first year 360 titles to games like Uncharted 2, and I would love to see just how far these consoles can go over the several years.

And even if we're stuck with Uncharted 2 level graphics, that's fine by me! The game is gorgeous, and I just don't feel like buying new consoles anytime soon. xD

I think moreso than ever both Microsoft and Sony want to push these machine's because of the Multi-core design they need to make sure the developer's are more than ready for the new system's which may have even more core's.

memory management processor's you got to love them.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Dampfi said:
Carl2291 said:

Great news!

yes it does , but if your system keep's getting support than is that not what will drive to keep you entertained.

would that matter if is on the most newest update machine or what you have now, yes it's nice to have the most upto day machine but if you still are getting great game's many people would still be happy.

I AM BOLO

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

WilliamWatts said:
I love how he talks about the importance of technology for the PS3 games, then says how futuristic the console was at launch and then patently ignores the newer technologies out there. I also love how he says 25-30% of the console life is done, love the hyperbole because im still doubting they will be releasing games that make it 'the year of the PS3' in 2014 because they'll have a PS4 by then.

if anything that would be the thing sony is not known to ignore they have the

ps2

the psp

and the PS3 already on the market all at the same time, they are not ignoring it, one thing is would it matter even if the next ps4 come's out if the PS3 happen's to get the same game as the PS4 , yes with lower resolution maybe less textures, but if indeed the PS3 would get the game also would that matter to many people as long as they get to play the game.

just look at the ps3 and xbox360 ver of the Final Fantasy XIII even with the slight thing's that someone can nitpick about the xbox360 ver does it matter many people will still buy the game. and if people keep getting game's some gamer's will still be happy, even though the PS2 was dated and the number of game's that released for japan were greater than the number of game's released for the PS2 in other region's were less the PS2 still sold well even today it's still selling. an that's with the ps2 region locked, the ps3 is not, so there is an advantage of no region lock going for the PS3 over the PS2.

I AM BOLO

ps:

What they meant is we are in the last 25% to 30% of this generation.

joeorc said:
WilliamWatts said:

if anything that would be the thing sony is not known to ignore they have the

ps2

the psp

and the PS3 already on the market all at the same time, they are not ignoring it, one thing is would it matter even if the next ps4 come's out if the PS3 happen's to get the same game as the PS4 , yes with lower resolution maybe less textures, but if indeed the PS3 would get the game also would that matter to many people as long as they get to play the game.

just look at the ps3 and xbox360 ver of the Final Fantasy XIII even with the slight thing's that someone can nitpick about the xbox360 ver does it matter many people will still buy the game. and if people keep getting game's some gamer's will still be happy, even though the PS2 was dated and the number of game's that released for japan were greater than the number of game's released for the PS2 in other region's were less the PS2 still sold well even today it's still selling. an that's with the ps2 region locked, the ps3 is not, so there is an advantage of no region lock going for the PS3 over the PS2.

What support is the PS2 getting from Sony developers? You can expect the same support from Sony that far into its life too. They are ignoring the PS3 and they are barely supporting the PSP. It should be getting twice the number of first party games its getting presently given the size of their 1st party and the fact that they take 1/4 the resources of a full PS3 games.

When it comes to a next generation console, a console which is released today for the same price as the PS3 probably would have a fairly significant edge in terms of performance even if it cost the same to produce.