By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will 360 reach 1.5 mill before ps3 reaches 10 mill in Japan?

GameAnalyser said:
Inigo13 said:

I'm not even sure the PS3 will get to 10 million in Japan.

who says so? Just u need to wait till beginning of 2011.

Hmmm... been hearing that since 2006... Wait till 2008, wait till 2009, wait till 2010...

Around the Network
coolbeans said:
lol, absofruitly it will but title's still funny to think of how weak 360 is in Japan (for comparisons sake).

The 360 has struggled in Japan but it's been a resounding success when compared to the Xbox (yikes!).

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Miguel_Zorro said:
Is it even worthwhile to keep selling the 360 in Japan?

They're not going to break into the market by ignoring it. If the 360 manages to hit 2m in sales, I think MS has to consider it modestly successful in Japan. After all, I don't think the Xbox even hit 500k over there.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Inigo13 said:

I'm not even sure the PS3 will get to 10 million in Japan.

LoL. This is exactly what I was thinking.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

360 is 240k away from 1.5 Million and Ps3 is 5.17 Million away. If Xbox sells every week 5k its 20k per month that means that it will sell 240k in 12 months. And the PS3 can sell about 25k per week at best so that is 100k per month so it can sell 1.2 Million in 12 months (including christmas boost)

In 12 months the Xbox will reach 1.5 Million and the PS3 will reach 6 Million so yes the Xbox will reach 1.5 much faster then the PS3 ten.

If you would ask will Xbox reach 2.25 Million before PS3 reaches 10 Million it could be considered a race but this is so obvious its not even worth asking.

Around the Network

Probably, 360 is pretty close already. However, PS3 is selling well while 360 sales seem to be declining with little to change them, so you never know. If PS3 can sustain or even grow current sales and 360 remains inert then the PS3 might get there first, but it's pretty unlikely. Better to ask can 360 get to 2M before PS3 gets to 10M I'd say.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

It could.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

360 obviously, as PS3 won't ever hit 10m.