By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hitman movie

just finished watching a screening for "Hitman" the movie

and i gotta say that it was good
maybe the best video game to movie film yet
the action sequences were a little lame but good non the less
a must watch for fans of the game, movie goers, and those that've been hoping for 
justification of video games and hollywood

my signature went on strike, it's demanding 3% raise

Around the Network

Is it PG 13? i read an article saying that it was originally meant to be Rated R, violent and bloody, but then Fox later took control of the project, and had it re-edited by the same guy who edited Live Free or Die Hard, because they wanted to higher demographic of a pg13 rated film. If thats the case, this movie will go from top of my must see list (HUGE FAN of Hitman, own all 4 of them) to a "wait for rental".

No way, the actor they chose is a babyface. How much did Hollywood taint the story?

@SeriousWB
True, honestly when i heard they were making a Hitman movie, the first person that came into mind of Jason Statham, he literally is perfect for the role, even having the slight accent and everything. But, then again, if they used him, it would get confused as hell with the Transporter, as he look pretty much exactly like 47 in that movie, just different colored tie and some more hair on his head.

PG-13? I thought it's rated R now after they decided not to go with PG-13. What makes it rated R then?

Around the Network

Well, i dont know if its PG 13, thats why i was asking, because i heard they were going to make it pg 13. Supposedly it was rated R because of some over the top action scenes involving lots of blood apparently.

My extensive knowledge of the Hitman game series tells me that this film will revolve around a bald guy with two guns.

This is what I get for sitting out most of the last gen.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

you're not alone, stof. I don't know jack about Hitman, either. I am interested in the movie, though, for some odd reason.

That's a shame, you two. The games are amazing... among my favorite. Not perfect, but you'll experience some things you just don't feel in other games... very satisfying. Silent Assassin and Blood Money are particularly great. Tough games, too (how I likes it).

I was very concerned about the actor they got to play 47 for this... the problem is that 47 is very cold, calm, collected... mostly expressionless and subdued in terms of his intonation. You don't see him smile. I'm not convinced the actor they chose can really make that kind of character work. I'm gonna see it anyway, so hopefully I'm wrong.

I thought I heard that the writers from the game wrote the screenplay for this. I could be mistaken, but if that's true then the plot here should be excellent...

You've got me hopeful, dnnc.

"Whenever you find a man who says he doesn't believe in a real Right and Wrong, you will find the same man going back on this a moment later."   -C.S. Lewis

"We all make choices... but in the end, our choices... make us."   -Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Prediction: Wii passes 360 in US between July - September 2008. (Wii supply will be the issue to watch, and barring any freak incidents between now and then as well.) - 6/5/08; Wow, came true even earlier. Wii is a monster.

stof said:
My extensive knowledge of the Hitman game series tells me that this film will revolve around a bald guy with two guns.

This is what I get for sitting out most of the last gen.

so it's like every vin diesel movie?