By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How Capcom decided to Wii-make Okami

? There is no game like Zelda. It has a formula which is completely on it's own.

Around the Network

True, but it feels like a Zelda game. And it was pretty good. The only other game that was kind of like Zelda was Star Fox Adventures, and we all know how that turned out to be.

Actually Starfox adventures was not bad. I thought 8/10. It was fun! Well for me:)

leo-j said:
Okami will still be a disaster, if it couldnt sell well on a 120 million+ install base, what makes you guys think it wil sell well on a 20million(by then) install base?

Disaster?

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/920500.asp?q=okami

Sure, it may now have sold that much, but you cannot judge a game by how well it sells. Movie-games sell well, because people don't know what good games are. If people could play the games before they bought them, than a game should be as good as it sells, but that's not how it works. Okami is a masterpiece, but too many people are just not interested in that type of game... What a shame...

selnor said:
? There is no game like Zelda. It has a formula which is completely on it's own.

We know that. It doesn't mean there can't be imitators (Neutopia on the TG-16, and now the VC, or Dark Cloud more recently). 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

they made a good decision,this game needs to be heard

LordTheNightKnight said:
selnor said:

We know that. It doesn't mean there can't be imitators (Neutopia on the TG-16, and now the VC, or Dark Cloud more recently).

I actually wouldn't mind a few quality Zelda-clones though. I enjoy the general formula Zelda games follow.