By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How Capcom decided to Wii-make Okami

Because its got buzz now unlike before. And maybe JUST MAYBE Zack and Wiki is selling well enough for capcom to think that quality yet off the beatten path titles do well on the Wii.

Around the Network

And of course I'll buy it again...but I do wonder what they'll do with the buttons....hmm. I think the PS2 controller is fine for the game.

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Okami has buzz now but didn't before? How so? I seem to remember Okami getting rave reviews and buzz when it hit the PS2.

MontanaHatchet said:
You all better buy it.

That being said, remember this?

Clover: "We can't port it to the Wii, there's not enough buttons!"

wow they really said that

davidwes said:
I love how open capcom has been. Giving internal estimates for RE and now this!

yeah the estimates were cool

Around the Network
CDiablo said:
Im glad they are adding things to the port instead of straight porting it. I never got the PS2 version so this works for me.

yep also the wii controls will make it perfect use for the brush

konnichiwa said:
CDiablo said:
Im glad they are adding things to the port instead of straight porting it. I never got the PS2 version so this works for me.

So long they don't make it worse it is okay.

your right i hope they dont make it worse

Legend11 said:
Okami has buzz now but didn't before? How so? I seem to remember Okami getting rave reviews and buzz when it hit the PS2.

yeah i think because people were still getting more and more hyped for tp that it killed the hype of this game

NintendoTogepi said:
And of course I'll buy it again...but I do wonder what they'll do with the buttons....hmm. I think the PS2 controller is fine for the game.

i also have it for ps2 but i havent finished it so i will also get it for wii

leo-j said:
Okami will still be a disaster, if it couldnt sell well on a 120 million+ install base, what makes you guys think it wil sell well on a 20million(by then) install base?

because of the demographic wii owners are fans of zelda and since okami is sorta like zelda i think it will sell good