By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The People At SEGA....Are Idiots

jarrod said:
Xxain said:
NO...NAMCO BANDAI are Idiots, SEGA is just goofy

The light at the end of the tunnel for Namco Bandai is that since their purchase of D3 Publisher, D3 USA has actually broken through the stupid and started picking up their handheld games (Blue Dragon DS, God Eater).  I'm praying D3 USA decides to look into their back catalogue and bring more stuff like Game Center CX2, Tales of Hearts or Radiant Mythology 2.

PS3 Tales are still probably out of luck though.  Sorry guys. :/

you were sounding bright intill the very end..u are aware NB has start localisation as found in the demo code and the actors confirming it right?

Around the Network

Translating is good -- even if the dates are strange.
Not translating is bad -- even if it is a niche title.

From this -- Sega is good; NB is bad.
(Sonic ?>? Pacman)

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Xxain said:
jarrod said:
Xxain said:
NO...NAMCO BANDAI are Idiots, SEGA is just goofy

The light at the end of the tunnel for Namco Bandai is that since their purchase of D3 Publisher, D3 USA has actually broken through the stupid and started picking up their handheld games (Blue Dragon DS, God Eater).  I'm praying D3 USA decides to look into their back catalogue and bring more stuff like Game Center CX2, Tales of Hearts or Radiant Mythology 2.

PS3 Tales are still probably out of luck though.  Sorry guys. :/

you were sounding bright intill the very end..u are aware NB has start localisation as found in the demo code and the actors confirming it right?

I'm aware that's been discredited. The "actor confirmation" (Troy Baker) was most likely referring to reprising Yuri's role for artes in Tales of Vs, and that the rest of the voice cast said they haven't been contracted when asked.   There's a lot of misinformation going on.  

I don't think it's an impossible scenario and it may still come with enough fan outcry, but the game at least before release wasn't planned for the west (unlike Vesperia, and Graces, which both contain staff credits to "localization staff"), and I haven't really heard anything since to imply otherwise.  In fact, one of the staff at 8-4 (who currently localizes the Tales games for Namco, and even did Vesperia 360) strongly implied Vesperia PS3 wasn't going to happen due to production costs on the new content. :/

They're just giving me gifts for my bday , March 16

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

If they are as good as FFXII and GoWIII, they will sell anyways.

If not, why bother?

Around the Network

This is no different than a RomCom coming out against, say, Transformers 2--they are for different audience and nobody expects the RomCom (Yakuza 3) to sell anywhere in the remote vicinity of FFXIII (Transformers 2), nor will there be very much cannibalization between the two insofar as what Sega's expectations would be.

disolitude said:
lol, I know what you are saying, but you're wrong.

Both games are niche titles. Sega doesn't depend on first week sales for these titles. They are hoping they do well over time.

People who want those games will buy them eventually since they are no common genres.

You're right but still, there's no need to intentionally kick your title in the balls on week one.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/