By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter 3 boxart says "PAY & PLAY"

I just saw the boxart of Monster Hunter 3 on amazon.de (Germany) and see what's on the top of the boxart..

I don't really know if this is just a placeholder or the real boxart, but an online mode with costs would put some potential buyers (like me) off.

Link: http://www.amazon.de/Monster-Hunter-inkl-Classic-Controller/dp/B0037CJZ1S/ref=br_nf_5_1?pf_rd_p=472664033&pf_rd_s=center-10&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=195015011&pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_r=1Z3VMCYSW4R1XTCTQ57X

Take a look at my photos on flickr

Around the Network

Ok, no buy. This is probably going to flop.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

I've already preordered it in the US. It's been rumored, at least here anyway, they may drop the pay-to-play online feature in order to reach an otherwise skeptical American audience.
I suppose we shall see.

GETTIN' CHRONOCRUNK

And I thought there was already boxart showing 'free online' ?

We don't use ratings like T and such in Europe so that box art must be one they've pulled from else where, it may also be refering to DLC as Wii games that have it also have P&P on them.

Around the Network

^
Oh yes it would be probably the American boxart.

Take a look at my photos on flickr

Wyrdness said:
We don't use ratings like T and such in Europe, it may also be refering to DLC as Wii games that have it also have P&P on them.

Bingo. Has to be a placeholder art because its ESRB rated, yet on Amazon.de. You are correct in the other point that it may very well have pay DLC

Not a good sign, but not damning. Not yet.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

The cover is not a european one. (We have another rating system in Germany.)

Edit: I am slow in typing ...

Pay & Play could just mean it has downloadable content. EA's Tiger Woods 2010 is Pay & Play, and the only thing I'm missing out on are stupid clothes. I don't know how much online content Monster Hunter has, but it is feasible that you can play online, but can't get everything (like some clothes/weapons) without paying.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Also it must be a placeholder because I'm pretty sure they're dropping the '3' in Monster Hunter 3 tri so that newcomers won't feel discouraged or whatever from not having had the first two.