By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - THE OFFICIAL WII RPG THREAD

fkusumot said:

I like dungeon crawlers. Rogue and Hack are two of my favourites. I'm looking forward to the Shiren game. Monster Hunter is basically a dungeon crawler type of game except it is set outdoors. The outdoor areas are finite, configured like caverns and each set-piece almost invariably involves killing a monster (or retrieving an item).

You mean Rogue in the sense of Rogue Galaxy, or am I wrong? If so... DARK CLOUD + DARK CLOUD 2 are you needs! Those are dungeon adventure / RPG games and especially Dark Chronicle / Dark Cloud 2 is amazing! Its one of my most favorites. Star Ocean III is also a sort of Dungeon RPG and a real game for die hard action / RPG fans ;)

I'm really curious of how Fragile will look like. Got Opoona here but Mario Galaxy is eating every single gaming moment, plus I have Takarjima Z / Zack & Wiki to finish as well.

Got the feeling the WII will experience more glorious RPG moments soon than a PS3 :=/.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGOSH I forgot about Dark Cloud WE NEED ONE ON WII ASAP.

Wii COLLECTION:Legend Of Zelda TP, Super Paper Mario, Wi Play, Resident Evil 4, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3
Xbox 360 COLLECTION:Mass Effect, Gears Of War, Halo 3, Rumble Roses(Im Ashamed) , Call Of Duty 4
PS3 COLLECTION:Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Ratchet And Clank, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

"MUST HAVE TITLES"
Zack & Wiki, Medal Of Honor: Heroes, Rygar : Battle Of Argus, Tales Of Symphonia: Knight Of RatatosK, Super Smash Bros: Brawl, No More Heroes, Final Fantasy: Crystal Cronicles 2, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Soul Calibur: Legends, Mario Kart:Wii , Battalion War:II, Assassin's Creed, God Of War 3, Ninja Gaiden II, White Knight Chronicles, Disagea 3, Resident Evil 5,

"END OF THE YEAR PREDICTIONS"
|Wii- 40.46 Million | Xbox 360- 32.52 Million | PS3- 31.50 Million|

I just checked the IGN database and a listing for an unnamed Action RPG by From Software. Never knew about that. There's also another untitled RPG listed from Namco, though I'm not sure if it was supposed to be Fragile or not. IGN has a separate listing for that, but it may have been the previous untitled RPG.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

OnE3nD said:

Not sure what you meant by this, serious, or sarcastic, but hack and rogue are PS2 games, as Fkusumot mentioned these two, I adviced him to check out Dark Cloud, Dark Chronicle as well. Meant as serious, it unfortunate won't happen. Dark Cloud is in hands of SCEI, as far as I know.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

*~Onna76~* said:
OnE3nD said:

Not sure what you meant by this, serious, or sarcastic, but hack and rogue are PS2 games, as Fkusumot mentioned these two, I adviced him to check out Dark Cloud, Dark Chronicle as well. Meant as serious, it unfortunate won't happen. Dark Cloud is in hands of SCEI, as far as I know.

No, I wasn't being sarcastic at all...I love that game with a passion and I don't care what platform it comes to I will be all over it the day it comes out. What if they remade number 2 for the Wii?

Edit: I just saw when you said SCEI owned the license :(

Wii COLLECTION:Legend Of Zelda TP, Super Paper Mario, Wi Play, Resident Evil 4, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3
Xbox 360 COLLECTION:Mass Effect, Gears Of War, Halo 3, Rumble Roses(Im Ashamed) , Call Of Duty 4

"MUST HAVE TITLES"
Zack & Wiki, Medal Of Honor: Heroes, Rygar : Battle Of Argus, Tales Of Symphonia: Knight Of RatatosK, Super Smash Bros: Brawl, No More Heroes, Final Fantasy: Crystal Cronicles 2, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Soul Calibur: Legends, Mario Kart:Wii , Battalion War:II, Assassin's Creed, God Of War 3, Ninja Gaiden II, White Knight Chronicles, Disagea 3, Resident Evil 5,

Around the Network

I like dungeons. I don't like what i consider a dungeon crawler... which is basically... where the is 1 dungeon in the entire game. Even when you have teleporters.

Aka the entire game is just trying to get to the 101st level of a dungeon, with the occasional sequence in your home town or if your lucky, other areas to get something to open up a mysterious door to the next set of levels.

I heard that new information will be released on Tales Of Symphonia 2 a week after Thanksgiving...im looking for the link I just saw it on.

"MUST HAVE TITLES"

If we're doing little descriptions for the RPGs I think I can drum up a few tonight.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: TCB

• Takes place long after the original
  • Main character starts off with most of his abilities
  • Controls change to fit certain situations
  • Single-player focused
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH3DOGv8_js

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: TYKatPL

• Takes place shortly after the original
  • The Young King has to rebuild his kingdom
  • Recruit people to protect the king from monsters
  • Set for Japanese WiiWare launch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8pMaqcBkD0

Tales of Symphonia: KoR

• Symphonia gaiden that takes place 2 years later
  • New main characters: Emil and Marta
  • Symphonia cast returns (unconfirmed if they're playable)
  • New point and click map
  • Monsters can be captured and serve as party members in battle
  • Q2 2008 Japanese release date

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFhJ5avv0Ac

From Software Action RPG

• I've got nothing right now...

Monolith Soft RPG

• From the mind of Matsuno
  • Non-linear multiplayer Action RPG set in expansive worlds
  • Planned as a series
  • Most details unconfirmed at the moment

Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII

• Trademarked by Square Enix in 2006
  • Platform purely rumored from Dengeki magazine

Seiken Densetsu Wii

• Unconfirmed but strongly suggested 

Oh yeah, and dungeon crawlers rock.

Surfer girl just said that Golden Sun Wii 3 is definitely on the way...YESSSSSSSSSSSSs

"MUST HAVE TITLES"