By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you care about 3D?

3D without glasses works, but only for one viewer at a time AFAIK.

OT: Yes I do care, but I probably won't be an early adopter.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
disolitude said:

All of ya'll that want a 3D and are from Canada can pick up the only 2009 plasma that supports 3D for dirt cheap this week.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/samsung-samsung-42-plasma-hdtv-pn42b450-pn42b450/10120713.aspx?path=4093f81895d1faad7c5b669e696e227fen02

and I see why .. it has a native resolution of 1024x768 .. that's neither HD nor widescreen, which means on a 42" screen HD material will look horribly pixilated

btw, I don't see any evidence of it supporting 3D?

Nah you don't see why. Thats an amazing Tv for the price in 2D. Also as far as 3D, Google is your friend. "3D ready Tv list".

Samsung had 3D tech ready last year but the content wasn't there so they didn't put it in the specs, on the box or anywhere...but they left the tech in their 450 series. It was a hush hush operation...

You are right that the resolution is concerning for gaming, but it has quite good downscaling capabilities so you will still get widescreen and HD. 50 inch model is better as it does true 720p. I presonally would buy the 50 inch 450 series model this second if I didn't already have a 1080p 67 inch 3D TV.

if Demon's Souls 2 comes with 3D and motion control support, i will be first in line to buy a 3D TV regardless of the cost. Seriously, i really want that to happen :)

NJ5 said:

Take a look on the picture I post earlier, it shows how 3D without glasses works for many person at the same time, or for 1 person at different angle from the TV.

I think that people are sying that they dont care until it comes out, and when it does its gonna be great... Wii motion controls come to mind before they came out. I think its gonna be amazing

Around the Network

I still have doubts about 3d movies and they still feel too gimmicky. Games is a bit stretching it.

I'm not a fan boy of any thing, whatever wins i don't care. As long as i enjoy good games

Icyedge said:
NJ5 said:

Take a look on the picture I post earlier, it shows how 3D without glasses works for many person at the same time, or for 1 person at different angle from the TV.

I only see one person in that diagram. For one person at different angles it works because it tracks your eyes and adapts the image accordingly.

That's my understanding at least... I could be wrong.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

If it's virtual reality 3-D then yes.

no
3d seems pointless to me , some people will obviously like the 3d detail but i just cant imagine playing a game with 3d glasses on while sitting on a sofa at home , it would just feel weird.

End of 2012 prediction:

xbox 360 : 73-75 million  playstation 3 : 72-74 million  wii : 104-105 million 

Most hyped for :

Bioshock: infinte, The Last Of Us, Alan Wake's American Nightmare and Agent

NJ5 said:
Icyedge said:
NJ5 said:

I only see one person in that diagram. For one person at different angles it works because it tracks your eyes and adapts the image accordingly.

That's my understanding at least... I could be wrong.

No, read the article, its not how it works. It send multiple duplicate images at a lot of different angle. You can imagaine on the pic more than one person if you want, all the angle are emited at the same time. Read the article with the link I provide, youll understand. This tech has been showed at consumer electronic show and more than one person could use it.