By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I am sick of what going on with kids my age it just not safe anymore

souixan said:
kopboi said:

I sick and tired of people saying black on black violents is not working. Violent all together is not working. So many kids my age are dying nowadays for what where they live that is so dumb. How can you take someone life because of that. I really feel it for the parents because they work day in day out just to keep on the lights at home for their children to fail in school and become some sort of drug dealer. Instead of a pointless war in iraq i think the goverment should pay attention to war on street because how many more children have to die before they do something. How many more mother must lose their child before they do something.

i just want to ask you guys if it the same where you live or was it the same in your childhood?

I grew up in Newark, some have called in the Crack capitol of the world, also Jersey City and New York City. The theory you're presenting is nice and an ideal world would indeed have none of this. The problem is, they can't control everybody. When they stop one person from dealing drugs, there's another right behind him believe me, I've seen it. Honestly, the dieing part, I think is terrible but they can only slow it down a little they can't completly controll it and to do so they'd have to violate your rights to an extent. I personally like my rights though there's a high price to pay for them. The drug part, the kids themselves can prevent that, the parents can prevent that. A parent can supervise their kid more often watch over them more lecture them a bit and PUNISH them when they're bad. Teach your kid respect for their elders and parents and you might have one less person later to deal with pushing it on the new kids. There will always be a bad guy there will always be a good guy and a lot of shades of gray between but you can never expect the good to be able to follow track and prevent every bad occurence that's just ignorant.

yh boss i see what you are saying and i respect you for saying it

it not who i am but what i do that defines me. you'll never walk alone you'll never walk alone walk on walk on.

Around the Network

Here in West london it isn't too bad, a few gangs who do drugs. They have done a great job around here by keeping all the well streets lit at night.
When I was very young - in the 80's it was actually much worse, I remember two gangs who were pretty bad.

I feel "ok" when in most of london, but I wouldn't let a girl walk alone here after dark.

One - but far from the only problem - in the US is that it's so easy to get hold of a gun, but I'm not sure if banning them now would do any good as there is so many of them easily available.

I agree with Fuzzmosis about Rap, how now it's been used to glorify violence (and I was also shocked at  the way it talks about women. )

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

I live outside a city called Limerick (3rd biggest city in Ireland), 17 years and never once had a problem, luckily Ireland for the most part has not been hit too hard but this gun culture that that has happened across the globe.
I love Ireland, really is a great country, but of course we are not without our problems but for a country our size their fairly minimal.

Where I grew up there's no danger... There's been some gangs in Montreal but I never had any problem here. Of course just like in any other places there are mean kids and I suffered a bit... But I never got brutalised physically or anything.

I live in a nice upper middle class community, Beavercreek OH, recently rated #84 by CNN/Forbes magazine of the 100 best communities to live in. Violence has never been an issue. I've lived here for my entire life, 30 years. We're a suburb of Dayton Ohio, and that on the other hand is a complete piece of shit as a city. Gang violence, drugs, shootings, prostitutes, etc. You name it they have it. Luckily the trash usually stays down there so I don't have to deal with it. The black people that live around here are all educated and have morals, so they do not partake in the whole hip hop gangsta lifestyle.

Around the Network

I grew up in a I guess average low income inner city apartment complex here in Maryland. It was mainly me and my mom growing up and I had no father. The place where we lived it had gang members, prostitutes, and the regular drug busts by the police. Both me and mom didn't let where we lived hinder our ambitions to move out of that complex though.

It was kinda sad though because I grew up with close friends but in their eyes all they saw of themselves were gang members and drug dealers. We lived there for about 8 years then moved out and lived in a nicer apartment complex. In the end though I grew up in a ghetto environment I never let it make me who I was. Drugs, guns, violence, I seen it all and I never wanted to be involved in any of it.

I find it really sad seeing a whole slew of the younger generation wishing to partake in this whole inner city urban attitude.

"Everyone else see's the Joker laugh; only Harley has ever seen him cry."- Arleen Sorkin

In an hour of Darkness a blind man is
the best guide. In an age of Insanity
look to the madman to show the way.
- - Warhammer 40,000 rule book

Fuzzmosis said:
Very weird tangent: This is why I hate rap. What started as a means to get a message out about the violence in communities for people who felt that they dind't have a voice has turned into a means to get messages about starting violences in communities. Certainly isn't the cause, but it's pretty sickening in my opinion.

Grand Master Flash FTW. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Well, there is plently of problems where I live, but what would the Iraq war have to do with this at all?

Seriously, I think people use that as a scapegoat for any and all problems.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

llewdebkram said:
There's a song in there somewhere!

Growing up in the UK is nothing like that in 99% of places, although it seems to be geting slowly worse.

Now this is the story all about how
My life got flipped, turned upside down
And Id like to take a minute so please just stay
Ill tell you how I became the victim of the country called the UK

In south london born and raised
On the playground where I spent most of my days
Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool
And all playing some football outside of the school
When a couple of guys said were up in no good
Started making trouble in my neighbourhood
I got caught in a gunfight and my mom got scared
And said youre moving with your aunte and uncle to O'hare

Yea that sucked. :P

But anyways I understand what your saying though, I was born in Hyderabad,India. Hell on earth literally, crime, pollution, economic hardships, shoddy homes. Luckily, when I was still a kid, we moved to Houstin, Texas which was slightly better in some ways. It's terrifying to live in a bad neighborhood with the thought that any minute someone would break in, threaten us at gun point, and get away with what little we had at the time.

Its unfortunate that people, especially kids, in poor nieghboorhoods become victims for no reason. Well I dont like to dwindle on this stuff too long cuz its depressing as hell.

I only killed three people today, pretty safe today.