By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why the hate for white knight chronicles.

what troubles me is that gamers liked the game while reviewers dislike it. so here i stand confused who is right and who is wrong. many said its the most underatted game ever.

so please disscuss because iam planning to get it soon.

Around the Network

Because the game was supposed to be a big deal and it turned out to be incredibly average at best. Between a 6 and a 7 is exactly where this game should be and I'm speaking as someone who purchased and completed the game.

Simple...It was suppose to a huge 2nd party JRPG developed by a respected but developer.. but it apparently turned out worse that lost of the JRPG's already out. Its not a bad game Just didnt meet the Xxpectataions for it.. if it was released in 2008 - 2009, it would have been bigger

Online is fun. Single-player isn't. I'm guessing reviews are more based on the single-player.

Currently playing: Marvel vs. Capcom 3, League of Legends

- Was mind numbingly easy
- Gameplay was far too repetitive and boring after awhile
- Story was sub-par
- Re-Used Enemy models
- Only like 12 areas in the whole game counting cities

I gave the game a 7.5 but even then, this game deserved most of the scores it got.

Around the Network

i dont care why reviewers didnt like it.

i'll tell you why it's probably one of the best money spent on a game: it has sooooo much to explore, a crazy assortment of weapons and armor, quests i can play online with 3 other friends.

i want to platinum this game and guess what, it's gonna take forever to do so.

long gameplay experience that its fun.and i did like the story, cant wait for the next one. it's all i need from an rpg

Wagram said:

- Was mind numbingly easy
- Gameplay was far too repetitive and boring after awhile
- Story was sub-par

- Re-Used Enemy models
- Only like 12 areas in the whole game counting cities

I gave the game a 7.5 but even then, this game deserved most of the scores it got.

These are the reason why i'm not sure if i should buy it. If I don't make up my mind in time I'm just gonna pick up Heavy Rain and MAG and call it a day.

4 ≈ One

i sometime wonder if reviewers hold a grudge against certain companys. Maybe they didnt get a playable demo before release as requested or maybe they didn't recieve some swag they think theyre entitled to.
AS for WKC. I really did and still am enjoying it very much. I think the story is very good. I seem to really like all the charecters alot. Home town is crazy large as well. As stated before here, tons of armor and weapons..
ONline play with voice chat is really sweet. If your on the fence, just get this game and enjoy it

@Dgc1808, no matter what you do about WKC, your still a winner with Heavy Rain and MAG. But check it, WKC is legite, you'll be happy with it

add to that its a year old, with mmo style battles which many dont like.

im still getting the game

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...