By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Are You Going To Buy "Heavy Rain"?

Are You Going To Buy "Heavy Rain"?

Yes 193 78.46%

No 53 21.54%

Total:246

The JP version is released today...i‘m waiting for EU version...

Around the Network

Will buy - when it's at €23. Can't afford full-price atm and too many good games to play anyway.

as soon as sony delivers my new PS3 i will buy it and plat it for sure... the demo was awesome... (so awesomely hot that yloded my PS3)

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Yeah I am buying it. Anything that tries something different is worth a go.

However, I don't consider this to be a "game" per se. I think "interactive drama" suits it better. I think there is room on our current generation of consoles for experiences outside of the standard. I mean we play movies on the damn things already, why not a mix of the two?

I just played the demo and I am not getting it. I am sorry, but, despite the nice graphics, the so called interaction seemed to me just as a annoying way to forward the story. I would rather sit in a movie theater or flip the pages of a mystery book. I was hoping to see a great amount of choices and consequences, but Heavy Rain seems to be a tightly guided experience and, as such, it is not for me.

Around the Network
Monteblanco said:
I just played the demo and I am not getting it. I am sorry, but, despite the nice graphics, the so called interaction seemed to me just as a annoying way to forward the story. I would rather sit in a movie theater or flip the pages of a mystery book. I was hoping to see a great amount of choices and consequences, but Heavy Rain seems to be a tightly guided experience and, as such, it is not for me.

The demo was not meant to have you make decisions. It was meant to give an understanding of how the game will be played. I'm pretty sure the full game will be less guided and will offer more choices and consequences, but I geuss we'll have to wait and find out.

galacticwar said:
Yeah I am buying it. Anything that tries something different is worth a go.

However, I don't consider this to be a "game" per se. I think "interactive drama" suits it better. I think there is room on our current generation of consoles for experiences outside of the standard. I mean we play movies on the damn things already, why not a mix of the two?

I agree

I have alot of games i own which i still havnt finished, exams coming soon and a lack of money, so the next game i buy will be in the summer and be god of war 3, but i think i will buy this someday in the future probs after the summer because i did like the demo, and im interested in the story.

A definate yes for me. ;)

Definitely yes.