By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Andir said:
FishyJoe said:
So the NPD October sales for R&C are said to be 74,500 units. This even shocks me and I expected the sales to be low. WTF happened? This is even worse than SMG bombing in Japan, since the USA should be R&C's best market.

I love that he posted this with his signature right below it:

Cherry picking is used metaphorically to indicate the act of pointing at individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position, while ignoring a significant portion of related cases or data that may contradict that position.

Cherry picking would be something like, PS3 software sales are a failure because R&C sold badly.

I'm not using this instance to prove any other position, other than R&C sales seem dismal. Which of course the evidence is showing.  

Around the Network

As stupid as this sounds, Ratchet & Clank is almost at the total sales of several PS3 Summer releases such as Lair.

I'd guess The Ratchet and Clank demographic haven't bought PS3s yet.

It might do better in the next week of sales... but i mean, it's still on the shevles around here in pretty large numbers.

Something I have said for awhile (and been bashed for many times) is that many people expect certain games to (really) push PS3 hardware because of their sales on the PS2, and that is unrealistic because many/most of the people who bought the game on the PS2 bought it because it was a good game on hardware they already owned. The problem is that the PS3 is still (outrageously) expensive to the average consumer and few/none of the games released todate are what you would call system sellers (even for a $200 system); there have been good games but they have been mostly new and unproven IPs in overcrowded genres.

Sigh here we go again.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Erm... I want a link. Can't findthat page X_X

It's here.

The article's "Reception" section only mentioned the high reviews the game's been getting, while there was no mention of it's weak sales. I was going to say something on the discussion page, but then I saw Montana, and mom got really scared and said "You’re moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air." I whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said "fresh" and it had dice in the mirror, if anything I could say that this cab was rare but I thought: "Man, forget it, yo home to Bel-air!" I pulled up to the house about seven or eight and I yelled to the cabbie "Yo homie, smell you later." I looked at my kingdom, I was finally there, to sit on my throne as the prince of Bel-air.

Well, thats bad. It seems a lot of games are underperforming across all platforms.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I can't believe many are dissapointed.

People were predicting this in this thread:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=8852

Shams guessed 220k first week and then said he thought it would flop?

7 days of sales doesnt = full month. Just wait.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453