By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SoNy Desperation in 2010 has began !

Euphoria14 said:
Seece said:
Euphoria14 said:
Mario Galaxy has a metacritic average of 97 and I ca see Galaxy 2 being 96 or 97 as well. Twilight Princess was a 95 overall on the Wii and 96 on the GC, Zelda Wii could easily match that if you go by how consistent these title have been over the last decade +.

Still amazing how people think ME2 is a shoe in for GoTY overall. It may end up being just a drop in a big pond of 94-95+ titles.

Ya except it's 96, same score as Uncharted 2

Doesn't mean anything. Individual sites do not base their GoTY choice on Metacritic's aggregated scores. They also do not necessarily base their GoTY award based on the one reviewer from that sites score, they base it on a staff wide vote. Demon's Souls and Gamespot was an example of this last year at Gamespot, a site where it was rated a 90 and U2 was rated a 95. That 95 was one person's opinion while the 90 was someone elses, but as a collective group at Gamespot the editors found Demon's Souls to be the better game and gave it the overall award.

This is why I am saying that it is a little too premature to start declaring who is going win what.

I'm not declaring anything, and the highest scoring game last year won the vast majority of GOTY awards, and the year before that, GTAIV? same story. So yeah I believe it does mean something.

Around the Network

LMAO!!! the OP sure hell fits evry thing in this link...

http://media.photobucket.com/image/microsoft%20fanboys/darkpowrjd/fanboy-ms.jpg

Have fun living in your own little world xbox lala land where xbox is the only console with gamez!!!.

Seece said:
PS3 - God of War III, The Last Guardian

360 - Halo Reach, Mass Effect 2, Splinter Cell

Wii - Zelda, Mario Galaxy 2

GOTY contenders IMO.

If Splinter Cell is a contender then GT5 definitely is.

It's funny how this OP can have two most flamebait threads without the thread being shut down because he is pro-360 but when I make a thread about PS3 exclusives being better and Sony better overall than MS in gaming, my thread gets locked. I just hate how some mods on this site are sometimes biased

Flamebait thread is flamebait... locking.

Around the Network
Seece said:
Euphoria14 said:
Seece said:
Euphoria14 said:
Mario Galaxy has a metacritic average of 97 and I ca see Galaxy 2 being 96 or 97 as well. Twilight Princess was a 95 overall on the Wii and 96 on the GC, Zelda Wii could easily match that if you go by how consistent these title have been over the last decade +.

Still amazing how people think ME2 is a shoe in for GoTY overall. It may end up being just a drop in a big pond of 94-95+ titles.

Ya except it's 96, same score as Uncharted 2

Doesn't mean anything. Individual sites do not base their GoTY choice on Metacritic's aggregated scores. They also do not necessarily base their GoTY award based on the one reviewer from that sites score, they base it on a staff wide vote. Demon's Souls and Gamespot was an example of this last year at Gamespot, a site where it was rated a 90 and U2 was rated a 95. That 95 was one person's opinion while the 90 was someone elses, but as a collective group at Gamespot the editors found Demon's Souls to be the better game and gave it the overall award.

This is why I am saying that it is a little too premature to start declaring who is going win what.

I'm not declaring anything, and the highest scoring game last year won the vast majority of GOTY awards, and the year before that, GTAIV? same story. So yeah I believe it does mean something.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying ME2 won't get some serious consideration because it most definitely will, but considering the fact that we have 2 games releasing that have more than enough chance to meet and/or exceed ME2 metascore we shouldn't have people acting as though ME2 already has it in the bag.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!