By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: No CG cutscenes in God of War III.

I look forward to the death of prerendered cutscenes.

Around the Network

I dont care about the CGI .This game is one of the main reason I own a PS3! Cant wait

What difference does this actually make? I mean CGI takes up space on the disc (but that doesn't matter with Blu-ray) but besides that why is game-engine cut-scenes better than not.

TWRoO said:
What difference does this actually make? I mean CGI takes up space on the disc (but that doesn't matter with Blu-ray) but besides that why is game-engine cut-scenes better than not.

simple, it means that the entire game will look as good as the trailers they have been putting out.  Unlike something like FFXIII where you can see trailer after trailer and not see what the game will look like while you're playing it.

Torillian said:
TWRoO said:

simple, it means that the entire game will look as good as the trailers they have been putting out.  Unlike something like FFXIII where you can see trailer after trailer and not see what the game will look like while you're playing it.

So it makes no difference to the game itself, but is rather just a confirmation that the trailers are what the game looks like.... A kind of Anti-Antihype statement.

Around the Network
TWRoO said:
Torillian said:
TWRoO said:

So it makes no difference to the game itself, but is rather just a confirmation that the trailers are what the game looks like.... A kind of Anti-Antihype statement.

A pessimistic outlook, but pretty much.  It means that there will be no difference between cutscene and gameplay which is always nice and that changes that you make to the character during the gameplay have the possibility of showing up in the story sections (ala MGS4).

Yes it is somewhat a good thing to hear as a fan of the series just because we'll hear less "oh well the game won't actually look like the trailers when you play it", but there are other upsides to it.

Badass game!

when I saw that article my head exploded and everything in a 1 km radius was vapourized :P

I was already overjoyed when I heard c&c2:TS was now free but this just made me go into over drive

Torillian said:
TWRoO said:
Torillian said:
TWRoO said:

A pessimistic outlook, but pretty much.  It means that there will be no difference between cutscene and gameplay which is always nice and that changes that you make to the character during the gameplay have the possibility of showing up in the story sections (ala MGS4).

Yes it is somewhat a good thing to hear as a fan of the series just because we'll hear less "oh well the game won't actually look like the trailers when you play it", but there are other upsides to it.

Ahh yes, that is one thing I agree with.

And yes it is pessimistic, but then I am not interested in the game... on reading the title I first thought they were claiming the game would not have too many cutscenes, so I came in to applaud that before I read it properly.

Learn that Square-Enix.