By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Reasons why fable III will crush Fable II

This is for all you Fable II haters.

Fable 3 has more development time-

I know what you are thinking, "But then how come it took so long to make Fable 2, and why is Fable 3 coming in only two years?"

Well you have to remember, much of that time went to making the engine so it probably took them the same time to make the overal game.

Fable 3 is way more effecient it seems-

Did you watch the Dev Diary? Well I did and they said some amazing things about the lighting.

They said that the lighting in Fable 2 took 6 powerfull machines to light just one room and it took like 2 days (I think that's what they said), and the lighting in fable 3 runs on one powerfull machine and takes 4 hours to do! (Amazing improvement!)

Lionhead knows how to use the fable 2/3 engine well now-

This means less lag (Ties into what I said above)

This means there will be less glitches

This means there can be more innovation and a longer campain if there is more available space on the disk

This means the graphics will be improved quite a lot etc...

Lionhead hears players' complaints-

Yes they will know to build a harder game

They will know to build a longer campain, noo need to worry about this stuff!

New features-

They already annouced that Natal will be used (But it will now ruin the game it seems so I'm looking foward to it).

The weapons will change as you use them

They said the dog anomations will be increased quite abit

They give you the option to, punch, kiss, hold hands, hold children using touch so far

They give you the option of judgment when your king

The co-op wont suck ass (they now give you option to break away from the person your playing with, no more lego star wars type view)

Now, my wishlist-

Big boss battles

Add fishing back in with natal

bartending with natal

Around the Network

Do you guys agree?

But fable II was so ugly(I hate the art style) and the voice acting annoyed the bawls off me. Fable 1 was great tho.

Sharky54 said:
But fable II was so ugly(I hate the art style) and the voice acting annoyed the bawls off me. Fable 1 was great tho.

i personally love the art style, makes me feel like im in victorian england :p I thought the voice acting was funny at times...well it's all opinions so....

I'm pretty excited for Fable III, I pretty much disliked Fable II, but it looks like this game is going to improve on all the things Fable II didn't do very well. I never really finished Fable II, but I think I'll be putting A LOT of hours into the third one :P

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Around the Network

Love the art style of Fable games. I'm also glad they're listening to the criticism. I will definitely keep my eyes out for more news on this game.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Fable 3 : less developpement time and Peter Molyneux is less involved

the big question : are they trying to milk the franchise (MGS Rising they "hi !") ?

OK, OK, OK, I leave ... but you should still remember my 2 first points !

Time to Work !

Great i thought Fable II was near perfect, i would give it a 9.75.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

The first games sold 3.5M but with better multiplayer online and offline and a much better implementation I don't see any reason why the third if vastly improved in most areas couldn't crack 4-5M sold.

Tease.

Fable 2 was one of my favorite games from a few years back. Fable 3 shouldn't be any different