By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should I get Battlefield Bad Company 2?

Severance said:
FKNetwork said:

No lmao, MAG is a total let down, the reviews reflect this,

Battlefield Bad Company 2 is amazing, even the demo is better than MAG and that is one level with a couple of weapons lol, the only thing, if you get drawn into Battlefield Bad Company 2 you won't ever get out alive! I have been playing the demo everyday since it came out and still loving it so god knows how I will put the full game down!

it was a let down because you don't have a ps3 or because you didn't play it?

Ohh touchie....

And for your information I own a PS3, 360, Wii, Touch, PC, DSi and used to own a PSP, I have played the beta AND retail versions of MAG, is that ok with you or would you like ot see my passport and driving license too?

And as I said before, the reviews for MAG speaks volumes, a game that could have been superb but turned out poor at best, Battlefield Bad Company 2 pis*es all over MAG from a great height (the original too) and i'm sure the reviews will also reflect this.

Around the Network
papflesje said:
Oh how I wish I could speak here, but embargo's are forbidding me :'(

Give us something! i'm sure you can say if you like it or not like it, just your not allowed to go into any detail?

since when is something in the 70'ies poor? 70'ies = decent game.

@ FK: Guess what I'm going to say :p

papflesje said:

I *think* your going to say it's a fantastic game that has a very well thought out multiplayer, it has a lot of improvements from the original etc etc, oh, and you are addicted to it and you love the quad bikes?

Although all this depends if you like FPS's and online shooters, you won't be a fan if you don't like these types of games I guess.

Am I right lol

FKNetwork said:
papflesje said:

I *think* your going to say it's a fantastic game that has a very well thought out multiplayer, it has a lot of improvements from the original etc etc, oh, and you are addicted to it and you love the quad bikes?

Although all this depends if you like FPS's and online shooters, you won't be a fan if you don't like these types of games I guess.

Am I right lol

All I'm going to say is "there's also a singleplayer in the game" :p

Around the Network
papflesje said:
FKNetwork said:
papflesje said:

Am I right lol

All I'm going to say is "there's also a singleplayer in the game" :p

Oh yes, that looks amazing too, I won't know what to do first on March 5th lol, If it's anything like the first games single player I will LOVE it, I know its a lot more serious this time round but I think that is a good thing tbh.

So, is it a thumbs up so far or thumbs down?!?

I personally prefer Bad Company 2. However, both are very team oriented games and your experience will be based on whether or not you have a good team.

Play MAG if you're interested in 256 player games are willing to be patient and learn the game.
Play Bad Company 2 if destructible environments and vehicles are appeal to you.

GenoZStriker said:

Well it's more of whether or not you want to buy the game and not a matter of should. Do you want Battlefield Badcompany 2? If you are not sure, then I would not rush to get it and check what your other options are. The only thing you'd be missing out on is another war shooter besides MW2, which you already have.

What I suggest you do is try out the demo. If you already have and your still not sure, consider looking at your other options.

MAG isn't just another war shooter? Also, please please please, do not compare fucking Modern Warfare 2 to Bad Company 2. It's people like you who are shooting tanks with machine guns, sniping on the hill, and screaming into the mics.

SpartenOmega117 said:
Ill do this- BBC2 for xbox 360 and MAG for PS3

Don't get two multiplayer oriented shooters in such quick succesion... I'll wait on MAG since it'll only get better as time goes on (expect a steeper learning curve though). I'll either get Heavy Rain or GOWIII instead, since the two are very single player oriented games and you can play them in between Bad Company 2's multiplayer.

Akvod said:

I personally prefer Bad Company 2. However, both are very team oriented games and your experience will be based on whether or not you have a good team.

Play MAG if you're interested in 256 player games are willing to be patient and learn the game.

GenoZStriker said:

Well it's more of whether or not you want to buy the game and not a matter of should. Do you want Battlefield Badcompany 2? If you are not sure, then I would not rush to get it and check what your other options are. The only thing you'd be missing out on is another war shooter besides MW2, which you already have.

What I suggest you do is try out the demo. If you already have and your still not sure, consider looking at your other options.

MAG isn't just another war shooter? Also, please please please, do not compare fucking Modern Warfare 2 to Bad Company 2. It's people like you who are shooting tanks with machine guns, sniping on the hill, and screaming into the mics.

SpartenOmega117 said:

Don't get two multiplayer oriented shooters in such quick succesion... I'll wait on MAG since it'll only get better as time goes on (expect a steeper learning curve though). I'll either get Heavy Rain or GOWIII instead, since the two are very single player oriented games and you can play them in between Bad Company 2's multiplayer.

^You speak a lot of sense!

FKNetwork said:
Akvod said:

GenoZStriker said:

SpartenOmega117 said:

^You speak a lot of sense!

Yup, since I don't just point to reviews like they were the be all end all.

Akvod said:
GenoZStriker said:

leave him be , he didn't say "Get MAG instead", i did, but damn fucking sake i was only suggesting and i only said "Because its addictive as hell" , i didn't "insult" any other game or said it pisses over them,  i just suggested it.

plus for your info FKNetwork , i've been a Battlefield player from the start, the only Battlefield game i do not own is the futuristic one.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.