By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Who wants a "newly" designed Playstation controller when the Ps4 launches?

Who wants a "newly" designed Playstation controller when the Ps4 launches?

Yes - Change is good 125 33.24%

No - If it isn't broke don't fix it 251 66.76%

Total:376
dahuman said:

not sure why they'd need a redesign as they'd gain nothing from it. though they can always put more buttons on it and make it a......

didn't think so........

Didn't you mean to post THIS?

Around the Network

Me without a dualshock is like waking up to a man in your bed.

You know I didn't really notice this until recently, but why did Sony change the R2/L2 triggers on the PS3 controllers? I thought the DS2 R2/L2 triggers were fine, but now on the PS3 version (I only have a DS3, but I'm guessing the SA is the same) they are not as easy to hit/trigger?

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

I've played around 200 hours on my mate's 360 and still prefer my Sixaxis by FAR (dont have a DS3). The lightness and comfort of the sixaxis just fits me in every way.. and I have huge hands

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

^

No way, that's the worst part about the 360s controller.. the d-pad... now the D-pad is easy to press, find and use.. I wouldn't want that to change..

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

Around the Network

It's because I hold controller more tight with my left hand and quite loose with right hand. That makes possible to switch between buttons and analogic stick really fast.

In PS controller I can't get firm grip just with one hand. Also small size with difficult place of analog sticks and slick surface causes that damn thing drop from my hand in intese parts of games.

It was a better controller than the Dreamcast's but for some reason, when I got my PS2, it was disappointing to be stuck with the "same old, same old". The feeling magnified when I got my PS3. It functions, but some of the excitement of a new system is the feeling of a new controller.

The analog sticks are too loose, too.

It could use some changes to d-pad area since at the moment 7913 directions are uncomfortable to press. Also they need to decide on triggers either they make huge racer/fps friendly triggers like x360 pad has or they make them smaller and better for action/fightning games like DS2 had. Oh and triggers should be made more resilent at the moment wipeout HD is killing triggers ultra fast on current controllers.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

The design has barely changed since the PS1, which is not a good thing. Most games back then used the d-pad for movement which is why it is where it is. When we switched to using the left analog stick, the design should have been changed to suit this.

Best controller for me was the GC one, so something like that would be good...

VGChartz

I don't understand peoples problems with the trigger, but I will admit the fatter and uglier 360 controller fells better in my hands. I think its like Asian cars there built smaller for smaller people then MOST Westerner are.