By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Official Halo: Reach Thread

Myak-04 said:
I hope that there will be some sort of announcement/trailer/something else. Though I can't help but feel cautious, considering that April 1st is coming up, and I have a feeling that IGN and bungie are teaming up to pull off a huge prank >_< .

It could be a fake Halo Movie trailer like the one IGN had for Zelda a few years back.

I find it best to just avoid the internet on April 1st

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Around the Network
JaggedSac said:

Bungietweets:
http://twitpic.com/1c1ygz - Just got this mysterious image and word that something big is dropping this week?!

This makes me wonder....WHERE THE HELL IS THE HALO MOVIE AT?!?!?   I've been waiting on it since 2006!

I really doubt MS has kept a live action movie secret from everyone. Hollywood leaks like hell. I have no clue as to what this could be about.

From GAF:

Originally Posted by ManCannon:
This week's new Reach info should be droppin' tomorrow on account of there being some kind of conflict of interest commotion on Thursday(?).

Mystery pic is mysterious. If Frankie claims it's not them.. and it's a mystery to me.. who/what then!?

ManCannon is a Bungie employee. Frankie he is referring to is a 343 employee. So this isn't something from MS or Bungie. Wonder what the hell it can be.

JaggedSac said:
From GAF:

This week's new Reach info should be droppin' tomorrow on account of there being some kind of conflict of interest commotion on Thursday(?).

Mystery pic is mysterious. If Frankie claims it's not them.. and it's a mystery to me.. who/what then!?

ManCannon is a Bungie employee. Frankie he is referring to is a 343 employee. So this isn't something from MS or Bungie. Wonder what the hell it can be.

I'm just skeptical of everything right now, were too close to April fools for my comfort.

I listened through the entire podcast btw, very interesting. They make it seem as though if u have any shield at all, even a sliver then a melee wont kill you, I'm not sure if thats any different from the situation now. The fact that they have fall damage makes me hopeful that they will be bringing back momentum based melee's.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Around the Network
Mendicate Bias said:
JaggedSac said:
From GAF:

I'm just skeptical of everything right now, were too close to April fools for my comfort.

I listened through the entire podcast btw, very interesting. They make it seem as though if u have any shield at all, even a sliver then a melee wont kill you, I'm not sure if thats any different from the situation now. The fact that they have fall damage makes me hopeful that they will be bringing back momentum based melee's.

Whats a momentum based melee?  Is it where you do more damage if your running top speed and melee somone.

They are basing grenade tosses on momentum, so melees might be as well.

From Bungie employee:

"Today's story will surface on Game Informer.com - not sure of the timing, we got the interview and a truck load of assets over to them a little late yesterday so I reckon it will take some time to get it all gussied up and posted.

If Monday's podcat wasn't a big enough hint, this week is Reach Multiplayer Beta Sandbox Week. (sorry, that doesn't include Invasion... stay tuned). Next week: The Maps of the Reach Beta.

And yeah, another podcast is not coming out this week. We did get another one in the can already but it's actually meant as a supplemental special edition show, it's not a "regular" podcast. It's something new we're trying to spin up, a periodic retrospective series. We'll still have a regular podcast for April though and we're going to try and cram it full of multiplayer beta goodness."

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jeuxvideo.com%2Fnews%2F2010%2F00041695-interview-halo-reach.htm&sl=auto&tl=en

You can choose your armor abilities/weapson during respawn or before the match. This is what Loadouts referred to in the MP trailer.