By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How would you react if. . .

Lost tears of Kain said:
fkusumot said:
Coca-Cola said:

Xbox360 fans like me seem to be more subdued - glad to see it selling well in NA but giving up hope in Japan.

360 fans are so used to losing that they expect it.

I hope your joking

If not thats offensive as hell, and ill deal more low blows to nintendo fans if you want to start something

this guy knows whats up

Around the Network

I don't know about you guys, but I believe that this Christmas season's sales are going to be much lower than everyone is expecting. For all consoles. I don't know if you guys know, but oil is now edging closer and closer to $100 a barrel, and if that is the case, gas for you car and home bills are gonna be crazy high. If that is the case, then more and more families are gonna want to (or have to) choose to pay for their bills than spend a lot of money on Christmas gifts. That may not be the case for all you guys here in the forums, but I think the majority of people are gonna want to have a warm house to live in than a video game to play in the cold.

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)

If the PS3 outsells the Wii, we can be sure of Wii finally giving up its position as the only current-gen system to not get a price-cut.

Then it'll rip 'em all up again. With that said, I'd be disappointed, but I'd get over it because the Wii would still be winning and getting majority support.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Coca-Cola said:

I might be wrong but people in this site love their Wii.

How would you react if PS3 outsells Wii world wide this Christmas season?

Wii has shortage problems, not doing well in Japan.

PS3 got te momentum in Japan, and in PAL, and hopefully in NA.

How would Wii fans react? How would PS3 fans react?

I hope PS3 sells better than Wii just for one week so I can see your reactions.

Xbox360 fans like me seem to be more subdued - glad to see it selling well in NA but giving up hope in Japan.

It seems PS3 and Wii crowd are eyeing each other - ready to duke it out.

Wii fans, they dont care, they are going to be playing SSBB and SMG...

PS3 fans are going to spam the forums claming the return of the Sony brand to the power...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

I agree that PS3 fans will go nuts, and I'm hoping to read their rant. That would be fun.
Will Wii crowd care? I think they will.
The exchange will be awesome!

Around the Network

I would react by hoping stores bring down game prices so i could buy more Wii games.

I would be shocked, then I would look for the portal back to my universe where consumers weren't stupid

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

There is a saying about those not learning from history are doomed to repeat it. Once again it must be said the PS3 has a propensity for spiking. That means the sales rocket up, and then slide right back down. Simply put its asinine to be getting excited this soon, or make what if scenarios. The PS3 is losing badly in North America, and is not even dominant in the other regions. Europe has already had its spike after all so no help there. So you need a conceivable means by which these two factors can change.

I too am concerned about the economic health of the worlds economy. Fuel prices are getting dangerously high. My family switched over to wood a couple years ago, because the natural gas prices were unacceptable. Ironically we live on top of an oil field. There is a oil well a quarter of a mile from me right now.

While it will be bad in North America it can, and will be much worse in other parts of the world. No country is self sufficient these days, but North Americans have greater natural resources to call on. We can always dig more wells. Use more coal, nuclear, and alternative energy sources. Even the agricultural production can help ease the problem. The ones that would really suffer are Japan, and that brings me to my point.

The oil prices and economics in general could be highly unfortunate for Sony especially in Japan. A country that imports so many resources. The prices go up too much and the console could lose sales by regaining its original price in a backwards kind of way.

Lost tears of Kain said:
fkusumot said:
Coca-Cola said:

360 fans are so used to losing that they expect it.

I hope your joking

If not thats offensive as hell, and ill deal more low blows to nintendo fans if you want to start something

This is a sales discussion, is it not?

I'll definitely be shocked to say the least.

But it wouldn't stop me from enjoying my system.

Don't really think this hypothetical will come to pass. In fact, I KNOW it won't but there's my answer.

Don't let me discourage you from hoping though. 

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!