By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - X10 : Alan Wake Images. Best Graphics on Console Ever. Yeah I said it.

God of War 3 is less impressive than Reach Pre-Alpha work so what are you guys talking about ?

Around the Network
SlipperyMooseCakes said:

I'm not trying to be like Selnor and say this game has the best graphics, but this game does have some impressive screenshots.

http://www.gamersmint.com/?p=2101

Wow.

Yeah the new screens look awesome.. And fixed:

Truth does not fear investigation

Awesome!

come on selnor be more serious, yours threat about ''best bla bla bla ever'' are starting to be ridiculous.

iHuGi said:
God of War 3 is less impressive than Reach Pre-Alpha work so what are you guys talking about ?

Graphically :

Reach is better than Halo3 OK

but

Reach is worse than KZ2/Gears2/U2

In case you didnt get it ...

Time to Work !

Around the Network
SlipperyMooseCakes said:

I'm not trying to be like Selnor and say this game has the best graphics, but this game does have some impressive screenshots.

Wow.

Sweet Jesus. Easily beyond any other console game.

These have to be renders, but the videos....the videos must be pre-rendered too. It's not possible!

Looks pretty good, but not best on consoles. Killzone 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, and Uncharted 2 all look better.

Skeeuk said:

sorry pal i borrowed me2 to check the grafix they are not a patch on uncharted 2 play both game and see yourself, in fact its not a patch on killzone 2 or even uncharted 1

I've got both games and I agreed with IGN, visually speaking Mass Effect 2 feels beyond Uncharted 2, there's no pre-rendered cutscenes and it's a lot more open and larger in scale and everything just looks so much better.

Uncharted 1? Really?

IGN confirmed it was only worth a 9.0 which isn't even as good as the perfect 10's from GoW, CoD4 and MGS4...by 2007 and todays standards, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune is very under par.

Torillian said:
so if different standards apply for the numbers how do you know what competitors they meant? If the numbers only apply as related to 360/PC why doesn't the term "competitors" apply to only competing games on the same console?

All competitors on all systems. It's only really Crysis and Stalker that provide real competition.

Feylic said:

But since a PC can be more powerful, shouldn't it have got an even higher score? ...

Weak.

You would think. Modern Warfare 2 got a 10 in graphics on consoles and only a 9.0 for PC despite being the utmost superior version, but it's a different standard.It's a shame because it seems ME2 would have got a 10 if they had done seperate reviews.

SlipperyMooseCakes said:

Wow.

FREAK OUT! This looks insane, I can't believe how antiquated it makes Uncharted 2 look!

@ brianbadongy, Mass Effect 2 has pre-rendered cut-scenes, not Uncharted 2

At first I wasn't sure why you posted an Xbox 1 game then I realised it was uncharted, the difference in the foliage looks generational. The difference in the above 2 screens still re-affirm my confidence that all Alan Wake screens/footage must be pre-rendered as these visuals on such a scale are unprecedented on consoles