By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Console Exclusivity is good! Agree or Disagree?!

Why Console Exclusivity is good! Agree or Disagree?!

Of course! Yes. 75 79.79%

I don't think so! No. 19 20.21%

Total:94

Console exclusives are good ammo for the console wars. My list off games is better than your console's list of games. Anyway who bothers with all the multi-platform games these days anyway? Too many of them and the console exclusives are generally better than most multiplatform titles.

Around the Network

I didn't read all of it, but I'm agreeing with you anyway...

If all of the games were multiplatform, then everyone would use common sense, and go for the cheapest console, since it can play all the other games same as the other ones, which is pointless.

Exclusive games are what seperate the consoles, and help to justify a purchase, for example, I bought a PS3 because I love the games that are exclusive to Sony, and knew they'd be making their way onto the PS3, whereas if I'd bought a 360/Wii I'd never be able to play them.

PS. I have a 360 and Wii too, was just using that as an example.

For a second I thought the words were yours. I was trying to figure out how CGI could be so full of rage all the time and yet project such a calm demeanor.

I agree with Mr. Angrypants. People who want a single, unified hardware platform for games are daft and Sony needs to pick a goram name for their motion controller already.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Exclusives is a reason to buy a system and if there was no exclusives all consoles would have the same games an exclusive makes a console unique like Uncharted 2 and Demon 's Souls the ps3

I agree to some extent, because there is a bit of grey area here for me.

If a game is set as an exclusive, keep it that way. Don't come out a year later and say it will release on another platform, because that is just annoying.

And the MW2 mappack that now has a 1 month exclusivity on the 360 is the stupidest thing I have seen in a long time. It's not going to make any difference at all. I wonder just how much Microsoft payed for that.

Around the Network

Exclusives define a console, depicting what the console is about and showing the console's potential.

which is more annoynig
an exclusive becomes multi before release(most ps3 case) or an exclusive that becomes multi after release(most 360 case)

I agree wholeheartedly CGI! Competition is necessary for growth, it's how we evolved in the first place ffs.

Console exclusives are becoming a rare commodity these days due to forever rising development costs. Multi-platform titles split the development costs across two or more platforms and are more cost effective than console exclusive game developments... First and second party console exclusives may be the only ones which will remain. Third party console exclusives are becoming a thing of the past. Is there really a need for timed third party exclusives?

an exclusive for a year helps sometimes both consoles see what Vesperia did in japan it caused a sell spike when it got released on xbox and then helped the ps3 slim launch line up