By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pachter Predicts Motion Control Winner!

vaio said:
BMaker11 said:
Demotruk said:
RageBot said:
Oh, and nintendo could've been brought into the discussion if someone would've said something like:

"Well, the Arc is pretty similar to the Wiimote, so I think that Natal will sell more since it will be seen as something different instead of more of the same"

But alas, all of the things pepole told about the Wii is "lol Wii sold more lol!" (in a more civilized manner), which has nothing to do with the discussion which isn't about the motion control market as a whole, but about who, out of Sony and MS, will sell more of their motion controller.

There are key players in the motion control war. Natal and Arc are not merely competing with eachother, but the whole point is to compete with Nintendo. Nintendo is very relevant to this discussion as it could be the factor that causes both others to fail.

@RageBot: nail on he head

@demotruk: Nintendo is NOT relevant in this conversation, because as so many have said before, Pachter is talking about who will sell more between Arc and Natal. Not Arc, Natal, AND Wii.

This is specifically about the PS3 and 360. That's like going into a thread about PS3 and 360 sales and the thread title is "Will the 360 outsell the PS3?" and you say "The Wii will outsell the PS3". It's completely irrelevant to the conversation....and I don't care if it's a "bannable offense", it IS trolling, because you're trying to derail the thread by bringing topics NOT EVEN MENTIONED OR RELATING TO THE OP!

If that is the case then we can never talk about Wii since people like patcher like to not talk about wii when they talk about sales and who is gonna win. The Wii is getting ignored time and time again by theese analists and this is another case of that.

You cant have a title with predict motion controll winner and then not even consider Wii.

He obviously meant the motion control winner between Arc and Natal. Consider the title a syntax error and instead, rather, read the OP before posting

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:
vaio said:
BMaker11 said:
Demotruk said:
RageBot said:
Oh, and nintendo could've been brought into the discussion if someone would've said something like:

"Well, the Arc is pretty similar to the Wiimote, so I think that Natal will sell more since it will be seen as something different instead of more of the same"

But alas, all of the things pepole told about the Wii is "lol Wii sold more lol!" (in a more civilized manner), which has nothing to do with the discussion which isn't about the motion control market as a whole, but about who, out of Sony and MS, will sell more of their motion controller.

There are key players in the motion control war. Natal and Arc are not merely competing with eachother, but the whole point is to compete with Nintendo. Nintendo is very relevant to this discussion as it could be the factor that causes both others to fail.

@demotruk: Nintendo is NOT relevant in this conversation, because as so many have said before, Pachter is talking about who will sell more between Arc and Natal. Not Arc, Natal, AND Wii.

This is specifically about the PS3 and 360. That's like going into a thread about PS3 and 360 sales and the thread title is "Will the 360 outsell the PS3?" and you say "The Wii will outsell the PS3". It's completely irrelevant to the conversation....and I don't care if it's a "bannable offense", it IS trolling, because you're trying to derail the thread by bringing topics NOT EVEN MENTIONED OR RELATING TO THE OP!

If that is the case then we can never talk about Wii since people like patcher like to not talk about wii when they talk about sales and who is gonna win. The Wii is getting ignored time and time again by theese analists and this is another case of that.

You cant have a title with predict motion controll winner and then not even consider Wii.

He obviously meant the motion control winner between Arc and Natal. Consider the title a syntax error and instead, rather, read the OP before posting

I read the OP and I always do and my point still stands, he talks about the motion controll winner and ignores the Wii. Its as simple as that.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Lol, look at all the PS360 boys go at anyone who even remotely mentions Wii, it's hilarious. XD

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Pachter is entirely correct, MS is throwing a lot more into its motion control than sony, so it has a lot more to lose if this thing failed. I think that MS is going to price this cheaply, just as they've advertised heavily and will advertise even more as the end of the year comes close, just as they've (probably) money-hatted significantly.

BMaker11 said:
famousringo said:

I don't think it's your job or my job to decide what we need in a thread. People will discuss what people want to discuss. I think you need to accept that and understand the difference between offering a reasoned opinion and trolling.

This is a web forum, not a business meeting. There is no agenda, and conversation will often move from one subject to another. So even if the OP doesn't mention the Wii, it will be drawn into the conversation because it is the game console which popularized motion control. I'm wondering why you're here in this thread if you feel that your opinions on the matter are irrelevant beyond your insistance that the Wii has no place anywhere in the discussion.

Point? Apple is coming up with new, innovative ideas for personal computers....so that means Microsoft should be brought in because they made home computers popular?

There are many different and great MP3/MP4 players on the market right now....talk about iPod/iTouch?

Jackson makes great guitars and is played and enjoyed by many people....so someone should randomly and irrelevantly talk about Fender because Fender jump started American guitar production?

I don't care if the Wii made it popular, or if the Wii is where Sony/Microsoft got their ideas from with motion control. Why should the Wii be talked about in a thread that, despite being titled "Pachter Predicts Motion Control Winner!", it actually refers to and ONLY TO Natal and Arc? To say that the Wii should be talked about in this thread just makes me believe that none of you read the OP.

I have a scenario for you: "Pachter predicts best platformer of 2010" - Michael Pachter has just played compared the platformers for only the 360 and PS3 for 2010 and has said that the 360 will win.

You come in and say "what about Mario?".....even though Pachter was only talking about the PS3 and 360, because if you actually read the OP, you'd realize that 

Yes, that's exactly my point. I expect Archos tablets to be compared to iPad, Zunes to be compared to iPods, etc. None of these products exist in a vacuum, and what is to be gained from pretending that they are? Everything is relative.

I guess if you ignore all alternatives then every widdle product gets to be a perfect precious snowflake. That's nice for people who aren't interested in making a decision at all, I suppose...

If all that is allowed to be discussed is contained within the OP, why bother allowing any subsequent posts at all? Oh, maybe because people besides the first poster are also meant to contribute ideas, like this is a forum, and not a blog.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

I think his pricing is way off ...

While I could see Sony's wand selling for $100 with a game or PSEye, I would doubt it would be that expensive as a stand alone device.

On the other hand, Microsoft pushed the price of peripherals to a very high level at the beginning of this generation (which was mostly followed by the competition) so I’m very doubtful that Microsoft would sell Natal without taking a healthy profit on it. I could be wrong, but I would set a lower bound on the price of Natal at $100 stand alone and $150 with a game; and I wouldn’t be all that surprised with it selling for as much as $200 on its own, or $300 with a game. While people may assume that I'm implying that Microsoft is "Greedy", it is more that I think Microsoft might believe that if people will buy Rockband or Guitar/Band Hero for $200 they would rush out to buy Natal for the same amount.

So, has the thread come to a consensus that the Wii will be unchallenged? I think so.

Now, continue the discussion about Pachter's statement regarding the PS3 and Natal. See, easy as that. Only took one post.

vaio said:
BMaker11 said:
vaio said:
BMaker11 said:
Demotruk said:
RageBot said:

I read the OP and I always do and my point still stands, he talks about the motion controll winner and ignores the Wii. Its as simple as that.

No...he's talking about Arc and Natal and which one will sell more between them. Nothing about the Wii

RolStoppable said:
There's a forum rule that thread titles have to be descriptive. This one clearly isn't, so you can't blame people coming in and mentioning the Wii.

This is like in the good old times when we had "Who will win this generation?" threads and the OP actually only wanted to talk about the HD consoles. Eventually people learned to put "360 vs. PS3" in the title and the complaints from Wii owners stopped.

I agree. Its obvious why Wii supporters are in here. And posts about the Wii are certainly relevant to the conversation. However, posts like "Too late, the Wii already won" are unnecessary. Everyone knows the Wii has already won this entire console generation by a land slide, all anyone is interested in now is second place.

I have a feeling that Natal and Arc will be priced the same. We haven't seen a ridiculous price war where 360 Elite is $299 and PS3 is $299, then 360 changes to $289, PS3 changes to $279, etc etc.

MS or Sony will announce their price point. Say MS announces that they will price Natal at $100, Sony would probably follow suit, offering the Arc camera with one controller for $100. Here Natal still has the advantage since it is multiplayer right away, but thats that.