By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - BioShock 2 Xbox 360 vs. PS3 - Screenshot Comparison - PS3 > X360

LOL @ all the comments of the PS3 looking better.. Sometimes I wonder what it is people look at.

Ok I'll back up my claims. First of all, most of those pictures are not like for like. Therefore it's kind of hard to make a good comparison. However, there are some evident things that can be seen regardless.. Let's start with this one:

http://www.videogameszone.de/m,browser_fullscreen/?pic_mode=fullscreen&pic=/screenshots/original/2010/02/BioShock_2_Vergleich_PS3_vs_Xbox_360_Screenshots_01.jpg&name=BioShock%202:%20Grafik-Vergleich%20zwischen%20PlayStation-3-%20und%20Xbox-360-Version 

Look at the reflection in the water. The PS3 version is clearly lower res. Now look above the reflection to the circular thing the plants are in. Look at the edges. What do you see? PS3, no AA, X360 2xAA.

How about this one:

http://www.videogameszone.de/m,browser_fullscreen/?pic_mode=fullscreen&pic=/screenshots/original/2010/02/BioShock_2_Vergleich_PS3_vs_Xbox_360_Screenshots_05.jpg&name=BioShock%202:%20Grafik-Vergleich%20zwischen%20PlayStation-3-%20und%20Xbox-360-Version 

Look at the lightning effects. Again, PS3 version is clearly lower res.

And this:

http://www.videogameszone.de/m,browser_fullscreen/?pic_mode=fullscreen&pic=/screenshots/original/2010/02/BioShock_2_Vergleich_PS3_vs_Xbox_360_Screenshots_09.jpg&name=BioShock%202:%20Grafik-Vergleich%20zwischen%20PlayStation-3-%20und%20Xbox-360-Version 

The stairs are clearly sharper on the X360, though the position is too different to make a good comparison, that's the most evident in that pic.

Truth does not fear investigation

Around the Network
GreyianStorm said:
The PS3 version does look a lot better here, but the 360 pictures don't look..."right". They all just seem to be blurred, which sounds like bad screen caps or some deliberate bias (by the website, not the devs).

That could happen.  I remember some dude with a username "Blig Merk" on Usenet who posted a clear PS3 picture of Assasin's Creed and also a blurry one of another PS3 one and claimed it was an XBox 360 image.  Partisan hacks are some of the worst individuals who on the planet, and for an industry. 

In regards to the photos, maybe I need to look again, but I didn't see anything majorly different.

Gilgamesh said:

The website won't let me post the pics but you can go to the website here. Compared to most other multiplat games the PS3 is usually the worst, but in Bioshock 2 the PS3 is far superior in graphics compared to the X360, according to these screens.

Edit: I can't upload the images now to the OP I have to go, if someone can do it before me it'd be nice.

you must be really bored or something right now.

ROFL ppl cant sleep without other ppl agrees their littel xbox or ps3 got the best version ever even if the difference are fucking microscopic.

Rainbird said:
IllegalPaladin said:
Rainbird said:
IllegalPaladin said:
Rainbird said:
NJ5 said:

True...

Oh well.

Oh well indeed

What do you mean oh well?

Now we wont know which one is 'Teh Uber Best!!!!" and now the internet will explode! What have you DONE!!!!?

Fine, the PS3 version is better than the 360 version by a longshot. Because it runs on teh C3LL!

Happy?

Now the extreme Xbox 360 people will explode! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!!???!?

Well, then there ish no pleashing you.

You know a thread has taken a nosedive when the weakest character in the Austin Power series of films actually fits.

Around the Network
heedstone said:

I dunno why you're arguing over which version is best.  You're ALL wrong anyway, the Wii version is by far the best, the texture quality and the lighting is incredible!  (plus I heard Mario is an unlockable playable character in it)    

Is Mario a Splicer or a Big Daddy?

mexitalrish said:
Gilgamesh said:

The website won't let me post the pics but you can go to the website here. Compared to most other multiplat games the PS3 is usually the worst, but in Bioshock 2 the PS3 is far superior in graphics compared to the X360, according to these screens.

Edit: I can't upload the images now to the OP I have to go, if someone can do it before me it'd be nice.

you must be really bored or something right now.

Is Gilgamesh from Germany also?  Why the heck someone brings up a site that isn't in English, when they speak English natively, is a sign the person is a fanboy.

Oh sheesh......seriously.  Barely noticable.  This thead makes me

I don't care, I'll get it on PC.

TheTruthHurts! said:

Oh sheesh......seriously.  Barely noticable.  This thead makes me

Then why not close it for the blatant flame baiting it was from the off?

The fact people have complained the site linked to is riddled with virus should have been enough to get the thread shutdown imo.