By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - American Pre-Order Charts UP! (6th Feb 2010)

plb said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
Like darth said HR pre orders might see a boost after the demo comes out in FEB 11.
It could also see a decline. The game won't be for everyone as even the developer stated. I'm not sure what to make it of myself yet as I haven't played the demo

The demo, everyone is loving it & it has had great user reviews online.

Trust me, the demo will convince more people, its definetely not silly to expect a rise in pre-orders.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

I'll just repost my comment from the news article.

After GoW3 comes out GT5 might be the #2 most preordered game. How crazy is that? Impressive numbers for Battlefield 360, will probably pass the PS3 version next week or the week after. Come on Heavy Rain. Maybe if preorders pick up steam in the last couple of weeks we can see 175k-200k opening in Americas. Final Fantasy is really starting to speed up on PS3. It's still a bit early to say how GOW3 will play out but I can easily see it ending with 500k-600k preorders depending on how things play out in the final couple weeks leading up to release. Pokemon is looking to have an absolutely spectacular opening. But then again it's Pokemon, what do you expect?

Heavy Rain preorders alone might break 100k depending on how it picks up steam in the final weeks. It would only need to average 14k per week for the last 2 and a half weeks to hit that so I think 175k is within the realm of possibility for Americas first week.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

GoW 3 is ps3 biggest gun this spring

heavy rain isnt doing to bad, i hope god of war 3 starts getting some really big increases each week.

darthdevidem01 said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
OMG didn't notice heavy rain could actually have 100k+ opening in NA, good for it hope the demo persuade more ppl to pick it up.

remember nothing is fully confirmed as many people pre-order at two places.

MAG has more pre-orders than it sold in week 1 for example.

Good point Darth, but I think HR will be a different beast (in terms of pre-orders less than 1st week sales) than MAG.

MAG is just another shooter, Heavy Rain is a new gaming concept to PS3 and curiosty will probably keep those pre-orders.

Many dropped MAG like a snake after the demo + reviews, why not? There are plenty of other shooters.They are not quite any Heavy Rains on PS3....that I am aware of.

I can see GOW3 doing well over 400k pre-orders.

Massive boost for x360 BBC2 and Bioshock.

Around the Network
justinian said:
darthdevidem01 said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
OMG didn't notice heavy rain could actually have 100k+ opening in NA, good for it hope the demo persuade more ppl to pick it up.

Good point Darth, but I think HR will be a different beast (in terms of pre-orders less than 1st week sales) than MAG.

MAG is just another shooter, Heavy Rain is a new gaming concept to PS3 and curiosty will probably keep those pre-orders.

Many dropped MAG like a snake after the demo + reviews, why not? There are plenty of other shooters.They are not quite any Heavy Rains on PS3....that I am aware of.

I can see GOW3 doing well over 400k pre-orders.

Massive boost for x360 BBC2 and Bioshock.

I hope so too!

I really hope it can have legs due to a great word of mouth, lets hope it can!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Looks like one year later release of Bioshock PS3 is still hurting developer to this day.

But FFXIII numbers seem very low.

Also Red Ded Redemption seems to be major flop candidate

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

darthdevidem01 said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:

Puh-lease.

That's not why MAG had more pre-orders than sales

Thats good, can't wait to see Bioshock 2's sales.

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"

still no alan wake... weird..

GoW still doing quite well, i expect a big increase when the major marketing hits