By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Most important to Nintendo: Satoshi Tajiri or Gunpei Yokoi?

Who was the biggest thing to ever happen to Nintendo and you can only choose one.

VS     

( Satoshi Tajiri )                                                        ( Gunpei Yokoi )                  

The creator of Pokemon                                                     The creator of The Gameboy

( Before you give your answer, think about this ) 

If Gunpei never happened, The Gameboy would have never happened and saved Nintendo in handheld gaming.

If Satoshi never happened, Pokemon would have never happened and helped saved The Gameboy along with Tetris to eventually become a multi-billion dollar franchise of Nintendo.

Those are my OPINIONS above, that is my view on these two. If you're looking for my answer on it, I do not have it.       

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"     

Around the Network

Gunpei Yokoi. He was a very important part of Nintendo, the other person just created Pokemon.

Gunpei Yokoi. He is also the creator of Metroid, remember it.

definitely Gunpei Yokoi

I think this comes down to either the innovator or the revenue bringer...

I'll go with Tajiri because I know about 9 out of every 10 people here are going to answer with Yokoi.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network
guiduc said:
Gunpei Yokoi. He is also the creator of Metroid, remember it.

No he was main producer for the series, Makoto Kanoh created METROID

I saw "The creator of Pokemon" and I thought "oh ok, it's easy" and then I saw "The creator of The Gameboy".

I will have to go with Gunpei Yokoi.

Gunpei Yokoi. Pokemon would not have become as big of a hit without the Gameboy's Link-up design.

Still both the hardware and software complement each other very well.

Oh, and RIP Gunpei. Your invention set the foundations for portable gaming.

Gunpei Yokoi invented the D-Pad, which has been on every console since. He is the king of video game history.

I don't think Pokemon saved the Game Boy. It was a nice new 2nd eruption of Game Boy super success, but it was no Tetris.